Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

maxbbspot
My Device: 9810 at&t
My Carrier: movilnet

9810 won´t power on

hey! i bought a 9810 and this is what happens:

i connect it to the charger, then the red led turns on, eventually it goes off and a little sand watch appears for like 5 seconds, disappears, and the process starts all over again...

is it the logic card, can i fix it? 

thanx

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: 9810 won´t power on

You need to consider updating updating device OS. Please follow the below steps -

Updating or Reinstalling BlackBerry device OS

Pr-requisite –

1. BlackBerry Desktop Software (must be installed in your computer). You can get it latest one from this location BlackBerry Desktop Software
    2. BlackBerry Device OS version (which you intend to have in your device). You can get it from from here  and must be installed it in your computer
    3. USB Cable

Step #01:

Back up your BlackBerry device data before you start any OS update/re-installation step

Open the BlackBerry Desktop Software and select Backup and Restore.  On the next screen select Backup and perform a full backup of your device data. You may consider including on-board device data as well. Please take note where the backup file is located (by default it’s located in Documents folder).

Step #02: If you intend to use an official OS release for your carrier then proceed with the following -

1. Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone
    2. Connect BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable
    3. Once prompted to Retry, Update or Cancel, click Update. If available updates are found Desktop Manager will prompt you to Get Update, Update Later or View other versions
    4. Click Get Update to install the recommended software version or View other Versions to manually select the version you wish to install and click Install.
    5. Reinsert the Battery which was removed earlier
    6. Click Install Update

Note: there may be a prompt to activate the device wirelessly after the upgrade.

Step #02: If you intend to use an official OS released for other mobile operator then proceed

Before you start Desktop Software search your C: drive for Vendor.xml and delete it. One can look for Vendor.xml in the following location -

• For Windows XP: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml
    • For 64-bit Vista or Windows 7: C: \ Program Files x86\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete Vendor.xml

1. Remove the battery from the back of the BlackBerry smartphone
    2. Connect the BlackBerry smartphone to the computer using a USB cable
    3. Once prompted to Retry, Update or Cancel, click Update. If available updates are found Desktop Manager will prompt you to Get Update, Update Later or View other versions
    4. Click Get Update to install the recommended software version or View other Versions to manually select the version you wish to install and click Install.
    5. Reinsert the Battery which was removed earlier
    6. Click Install Update

Note: there may be a prompt to activate the device wirelessly after the upgrade.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.