Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
Armor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: US Cellular

Re: 9860 - Back and BB Buttons Stop Responding

Hello Everyone,

I have the 9850 and the same issue as the rest of you.  It is a software issue.  When the buttons stop working if you connect your 9850 to a computer and start the Blackberry desktop software, after a connections is established the buttons start working again.  Has worked everytime for me. Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Brendonr
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Digicel

Does no one have an answer to this ?????

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mflb
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

Re: 9810 - Back and BB Buttons Stop Responding

My daughters Torch 9810 just started doing this, she is 1 month past her warranty ie  13 month old phone. Oh man she is livid.  This could be another lifetime lost customer for RIM...up until now she has loved it.   My wife has torch 9800 around 2 years old now , and loves it, but has not had this issue yet...        

My daughter is going to try the connect to computer desktop software and see if that fixes it temporarily as noted in a recent post -  I will post if it helps. .  

Then she  will go see Telus to see what they will do.  .    (my guess is , 1 month out of warranty, maybe nothing.  .   )  

I wonder how many Torches have this issue, perhaps of a lot, a class action is in order?  

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crispy1
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Although it looks like a software problem, no updates fixed it...  Eventually I replaced it under warranty (a few weeks before the ONE year warranty ran out)  via contract provider and new one has been fine.  I can understand devices having problems, but lack of phone number or mail address for blackberry support and short warranty is tempting me back to Sony (formerly Ericsson/SonyEricsson) who I used for 15 years - who you could always phone, get helpful advice and if it needed returning to central repair centre - they'd tell you.  Nokia (also 2 years warranty) were pretty good (had to take to local service centre) and wife's HTC has 2 year warranty (but hasn't had any problems!).  As most contracts are 18 months or 2 years, you really need to get a device with a 2 year warranty.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mflb
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

I tried  plugging in to the computer, but that did not help.   The Esc  and menu buttons do trigger some characters, ie if she is in a webpage, and presses the Esc key, it inserts 'uo' into the field (eg url, if that is where focus is) each time she presses it.  Same thing with the Menu key , but I cant remember the characters she said (always the same though). 

I had found what I thought was one odd thing,   there is one place that we found the Esc key still works... if she has zoomed in to a Facebook photo, then pressing the Esc key takes her back one zoom level each press of Esc, until she is back to the photo non-zoomed.  then Esc does nothing (except insert 'uo' into data entry fields with focus).   I was thinking that the fact that the Esc key does work in one place would suggest a software issue...but, now am  thinking that the 'uo' being sent by Esc key... the 'o' is likely being processed by browser zoom out ("i" for zoomIn, "o" for zoomOut...) 

I read another thread that indicated the 'uo' problem (and other letters for other keys) is probably moisture related hardware issue, so we'll try drying it out.    

Please use plain text.
atifmehmood266
My Device: blackberry9860
My Carrier: local company

Re: 9860 - Back and BB Buttons Stop Responding.... SOS

I request to Backberry support team plz solve my problem of buttons ( 9860) not woking . plz upgrade its software and give these button on screent like i Phone . That series is so nice and beautiufl i love it so much . I hope u will be understand my probles . 

waiting for new upgread version of BlackBerry  9860 with fecturs of buttio on the touch screen.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
996ducati
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

My Torch has just started this issue on latest OS and multiple battery pulls, clean wipe.

However, it does still function correctly with the slider shut. It is only an issue using the back and end call buttons if the slider is open?

Any progress on this issue please Blackberry?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Please note carefully this information posted at the top of every page of this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

This site is a user-to-user community, not a channel for any formal communications with BlackBerry. If you wish to inquire formally, you must follow the formal support channels, which start with your mobile service provider, your original place of purchase, or an authorized service center -- it varies by region and specific issue.

For your issue, you might want to consider falling back to the previously functioning version, or even perhaps seeking out even newer versions, possibly even from other carriers.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.