Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9680

9860 Freezing

I have had my 9860 for about 3 weeks now and ive noticed it freezes up so much! Everytime I open a contacts picture on BBM it freezes, When im on the internet browser it freezes everytime I click or change website, It freezes when it unlocks lol it just keeps freezing all the time!

I used to have a storm 9520 and this is my upgrade and I believed that as its got the new OS on it that it would be alot faster and more bug free but it so far seems that im mistaken!

I just want to know if I have ended up with a dodgy handset or if this is just how these new blackberrys are?

Just to be clear when I say it keeps freezing, I mean it locks up for between 10 - 60 seconds before finally coming back to life!

All in all I am just finding the phone very slow which is very disapointing as my dad has a HTC that is problem free, never seems to lock up and rather fast and the same goes for my friends with Iphones!

Any feed back would be much appreciated thanks!

My Device: Torch 9860

Re: 9860 Freezing

I have the same issue. I bought my phone Nov. 10 and it was amazing for two weeks. Now everytime I do something it freezes. The little black clock doesn't even show up. I will be scrolling through a page or clicking on the BBM icon and it take anywhere from 10 - 60 seconds before it works again.

I am actually pretty disappointed as the phone has been out since August and these issues are arrising now. I am starting to ponder switching as most of my friends have already done so or contemplating it.
My Device: torch 9860

me too facing the same problem!
I had whatsapp installed earlier, when i uninstalled it, BB worked well for around 3 days, but again it is hanging - a bit too frequently and i am completely disappointed!!!!
New Contributor
My Device: 9860

Exactly the same problem here.

Good for 1-2 weeks.  Then it freezes often.  Then I upgraded the firmware and it would be good for a week or so.  Then it freezes again.  I am on the fourth firmware upgrade.

sigh ...

In the meantime, it looks like I may have to pull the battery twice a day instead of once a day!

New Contributor

Hello users, I have theh exact same problem, it freezes frequently for 10 - 60 secs, even with the clock sometimes, then reacts with a rush and with a cumulative of orders, then freezes again and so on. I though it was memory or the event log that was full, but no matter how many times I clear it, it's the same. It's an excellent device, but a recommend RIM to take action a bout this, because similar all touch devices do not suffer from this. If anyone knows what could it be, his info would be very appreciated. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on Smartphone. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Disable Compression on media card? go to Options, Device, Storage

using a custom theme? try it for a day the factory default one to rule out your theme

remember the esc key closes most apps, except for GPS and some chat clients. the other apps need to use menu and then exit or close. The farthest key to the right is a home key and does not close any apps per se but will end calls.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Does anybody found a solution or an ûpgrade ? my phone has thé same issue!!!

My Device: 9860 & 9800

Thank you. Followed all you suggestions & fingers crossed.
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9860

same problems here....an also the 2 buttons : back and blackberry dont work for a while !
its very annoying ! soo plz if there any solution it will bi appreciated!
thanks

I am having this problem as well. My torch freezes every few minutes and it lasts very long sometimes, up to 30 seconds. What is the point of having this smart phone if I cant put music or use custom themes? Mind you I have no custom theme, no music and around 4 apps yet my phone keeps freezing. clearly there is a problem with this model phone. Sometimes when i am typing text msgs it freezes on one letter and by the time the phone comes back to life my autolock kicks in.
Since i have had this phone, around 8 months I have had to replace the battery and send it back to the dealer because it was not charging. Can someone please assist me, so I can get this $600 piece of equipment to do the basics like send a text message