Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
Kgoumboy
My Device: Torch 9860
Accepted Solution

9860 Torch Display corrupt (upside down)

Sup!? The 9860 is the most flawed bb model ever. 1stly its charging port gets damaged easily. I had it repaired twice, and the 3rd time it didn't just stop working.. It came off with the charger.

After having it reinserted, a new frustrating problem emerged. The Display is upside down and flipped (mirrored) - it is said to be a common problem with this device and yet there's no straight solution or reason as to why that happened.

Can someone please advice on a solution. (Pls note I have no Warranty so having the phone replaced is out of the question)

This problem is really annoying.

Thank you in advance
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,955
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9860 Torch Display corrupt (upside down)

I'm quite familiar with the 9860 model and this is the first time I've heard of this mirrored or upside down display.

There's nothing common about that.

Have you tried reloading the operating system?

For the USB port, can't help you. Try having it replaced again. I've had two for a year and know several friends with the same model without having any USB port problems. Be careful with it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kgoumboy

I also thought its not common but just hit google regarding this and you'll see that it's the only bb with this illness.

The best way to let you witness what I'm describing is direct you to this youtube video. I came across it while looking for solutions.

To answer your question, I've down OS upgrades/downgrade, wiped phone countless times. It is not a software problem. It's hardware related.

Thanx

rtsp://v6.cache6.c.youtube.com/CjYLENy73wIaLQnCNm8OIpoyMhMYJCAkFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBXdhdGNoYO_42qPQufDBUAw=/0/0/0/video.3gp

Also u can search this forum for "9860 inverted dispaly" and see what I mean.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tboy911
My Device: torch 9860

I also have the same problem....after i changed the charging port...wiped and reloaded my OS wit BBSAk...still have the same problem....dont know what to do...i tink its more of a hardware than software problem...but what hardware exactly is causing it??!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kgoumboy

Please use plain text.