Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
My Device: Torch 9860

9860 Torch randomly places calls outside my command

I have had this unit since Jan 2012, and have been, for the most part, completely satisfied with features and performance until recently (within last month). I experienced many instances where the device, during a phone conversation, would place my current call on hold, and then dial the same recipient on another line. I would hear a ring tone for the new call being placed, while my current conversation was suspended (I could hear my recipient, but they could not hear me). The options on the display would not allow me to cancel the new call and return to the original, I would ultimately need cancel both calls, and start a new call to resume my actual conversation. In another development, the device has now placed random calls to numbers on my contact list, even when I am not using any functions. When my contact answers, they can hear the background noise from the current location of my phone (in my pocket, as example). These random calls can happen as solo events, or successive repeats (my contacts who are aware of my situation will hang up, only to get another 'call' from me within a few seconds). I have experienced these issues both prior to and after installing the 7.1 bundle upgrade. I have tried rebooting via batterty removal, and that does not seem to be the fix. I have also disabled the call waiting function, with same results.