Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
mlazarus
My Device: Not Specified

9860 disconnecting from mobile network

I have been using a new 9860 for about 6 weeks now, and 5-6 times per day it disconnects from the mobile network. Whenever this happens, I lose all data services including voice services as well. All screen icons remain as per normal, full signal (5 bars) and 4G with the network connect icon are displayed. At this point, I cannot send registration request. The fix for me is to turn the radio off and on again. When the network is reacquired, all services return as per normal. BB 9860, OS 7.1.0.694, cpcarier Digicel Jamaica.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 9860 disconnecting from mobile network

So you get 4G because my 9850 only gets 3G and the 9860 I thought was the same as the 9850 just Sprint or some other Vendor.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlazarus

9860 is GSM only. 9850 is GSM/CDMA. 3G/4G is dependent on your service provider and subscription plan.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4

Okay. VZW as you probably know,has 4G, but claimed the 9850 was only 3G capable.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlazarus

I have been using a new 9860 for about 6 weeks now, and 5-6 times per day it disconnects from the mobile network. Whenever this happens, I lose all data services including voice services as well. All screen icons remain as per normal, full signal (5 bars) and 4G with the network connect icon are displayed. At this point, I cannot send registration request. The fix for me is to turn the radio off and on again. When the network is reacquired, all services return as per normal. BB 9860, OS 7.1.0.694, carier Digicel Jamaica. Does anyone have these issues as well, or know of any permanent solutions to these issues?
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

mlazarus, you need to get a SIM card swap from Digicel and see if that helps out. Likely you have an older technology SIM.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlazarus

Thanks for the advice, but my sim is just about 8 weeks old. I had to replace it to get the 4G service. Today I had to switch the mobile network off and on at least 10 times, but since sun down, I have not had ny issues. Can't figure it at all.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,893
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Have you done true reboot? 

Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

My only other suggestion is that the Digicel network is just crapping out on you.

And... I'd still suggest a new SIM card. There are just some bad ones out there. You can get it swapped for free.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlazarus

With the battery life issues of the 9860, I have a spare battery, so I do a battery pull pretty often. I will take your advice about the sim though. Now that I think about it, the problems started with a new 9810 that had some hardware issued which I swapped for the 9860. The 9810 had the same network issues. But how come I have no issues at nights like now?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kgoumboy
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Cell C

When you make use of the USSD service, do you get an error message that reads "Supplementary Service error: General Error"?
Please use plain text.