Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: LIME

9860 freezes after reboot

Hello I'm new here, I'm experiencing an issue where immediately after booting up my Torch 9860 freezes and stays frozen for days (if I allow) I have wiped it and tried running different OS versions on it but to no avail.. I am at a loss as to what to do now.. HELP!

I recently had an issue where this would happen during the booting process and the bar would freeze, I was able to rectify that issue but lo and behold 2weeks later I am confronted with what seems like a more revised and resistant issue.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

Re: 9860 freezes after reboot

Sounds like a hardware issue to me.  Has the device been exposed to moisture or a drop?  If not then it's time to contact your carrier about a repair or replacement.

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. :smileyhappy:
Developer
My Device: Z10, Playbook
My Carrier: Econet

Hi Russ77!

Welcome to the forum.

Did you recently install an application? Or did an update?

Try to restart the device and keep pressing the escape button untill it starts up. It will start up in safe mode which can allow you to troubleshoot. You then go under Options>Device>Device and Status Information.

once you get in there type "test" it will prompt you to do a device test of your hardware and software. this way you can easily see what the problem is :smileyhappy:
Twitter: @IAmBenGiey | Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Try my apps:
The Ultimate Currency Converter and T2G - BloGFeed
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

This happened to me and after 3 days of BB Tech phone support the tech guy contacted VZW on my behalf as it turned out the RAM was bad. VZW after a couple of days agreed to send me a refurbished device with a 90 day warranty. So your first course of action is to call your provider. I was out of warranty by almost a month. Good luck.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: LIME

The phone has only fallen from me once, a year ago. I care it like its a child of mine. I sent it in to a technician.

Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9860 BB Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

I got this mobile B torch 9860 4 months ago. I did an Blackberry OS update ( Software Version: 7.1 bundle 1149 )on 16th of this month. From that day I am not able to usemy phone it just keep freezing. Even the power button does not work. I keep removing the battery and put it back in but no use. I managed twice to get in safe mode and wipe clean all files and application. still no go.

Now I am not able to use my phone completely. Not even in safe mode.

Visitor
My Device: 9860 and 9800
My Carrier: None.

Updated Whatsapp on Both my BB; Torch 9800 and 9860.
My bb's freeze after Startup; Tried safe mode; Same and It wont even connect to PC/MAC + Both of them are out of warranty. What do I do. :smileysad:
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Mobinil

HI,

i have a torsh 9860 since a year now and was working fine.

suddenly as of yesterday afternoon is freezes completely.

i tried to remove the battery, it restarted normally and when the logon screen appears it freezes completely

i tried removing the memory card, changing card, logging in Safe Mode but always the same issue

can anyone tells me what to do pls??

ben1107 wrote:
Hi Russ77!

Welcome to the forum.

Did you recently install an application? Or did an update?

Try to restart the device and keep pressing the escape button untill it starts up. It will start up in safe mode which can allow you to troubleshoot. You then go under Options>Device>Device and Status Information.

once you get in there type "test" it will prompt you to do a device test of your hardware and software. this way you can easily see what the problem is :smileyhappy:

My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: mtn

so hi guys....I can see so many people having their blackberry devices freeze when the bb torch9860 freezes the burtons after restart, jst use the touch screen or the mouse to and scroll down to the power button and turn off device. turn it off bt and then turn it on.I'm 100% sure that this will work on torch9860...so there u go..don't throw away your phn