Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
sionna
My Device: 9860

9860 gone back since end of june ,waiting for replacement

[ Edited ]

Hi.

How do i go about getting my 9860 back.

I have not seen it since june 2012.

at the moment it is lost, i have requested a replacement a.s.a.p

O2 in Athlone are handling the case.

they are waiting for it to be sorted,i am going in every 2nd day.

What are Blackberry at. give me a I Phone please.

(personal info removed)

Regular Contributor
paolorodriguez
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9900

Re: 9860 gone back since end of june ,waiting for replacement

You mentioned "O2 in Athlone" are the ones handling the case?

Like all my posts, and mark them as the solution if it solved your problem.

My Website: Paolo Rodriguez

Contributor
cochamarco
My Device: BB Bold

why you want requested replacement are you in guaranty?
Contributor
sionna

Yes in guarantee, Blackberry told O2 they were going to replace it.

two months ago,

Replacement is gone missing in uk.

And they won't send out replacement until they get it sorted and i still have no phone.

Is this 2012.

Contributor
sionna

Yes they are my carrier.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello sionna,

I sympathize with your plight, but please understand that this site is a user-to-user community, not a user-to/from-RIM channel for any formal support, escalations, or communications of any kind. Your escalation channel is with your provider -- O2. You need to be escalating with them as to your situation, going to higher and higher levels of management until someone decides to help you out. You have no free path to escalate directly to RIM for anything. That is how the support model works, and all parties are contractually bound to that.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
sionna

That is not good enough.

I should be able to contact Blackberry also as they are the people that have my replacement.

Can i get contact in blackberry that handles replacement.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

"Good enough" or not, it's what you agreed to when you bought your device and/or contracted for your services. There is a formal support process that exists, and all parties are contractually bound to it -- the carriers, the service centers, the authorized resellers, and yes even the end users. While you may not like what it is, you did agree to it...you may not remember doing so, but such is the nature of all of that "fine print" we all suffer under in this world. You must remain within that process in order for you to not violate your contract (which does not provide you any direct path to contact RIM for anything).

There is something called incident support, but it costs to just ask the initial question, since you are bypassing the contract(s) you signed. If you wish to investigate that, you can review it here:

There also might be some good reading here:

Note, however, that if you agreed to any contracts that contain anything different from the above references, then your contract will be the authoritative one, overriding anything in the above.

I know that none of this is what you want to hear, but I think that the painful truth is better than a useless lie at any point in time.

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
sionna

that is fine with in a aceptable lenth of time but it is heading towards six months since i had my phone.

Thanks for your reply.

I am in the electrical trade.

I and my customers can pick up a phone at any time and contact the supplier.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Please understand that I am making no judgement about your situation...I actually agree with you that it's unreasonable...but sadly that changes nothing.

We are all bound to the contracts we agree to...I'm trying to help you understand what you agreed to, and that it does not provide what you seek (a method to bypass and seek help direct from RIM). But, again, all I can provide is general information...you have possession of your contract, I do not. And that contract will govern the process, regardless of what anyone might otherwise desire.

Given what I understand, I maintain my recommendation that you escalate through your existing channel and seek out someone (in Management, not a front level minimum wage support person) who can and will look into your situation. Because it is indeed unreasonable...but the specific redress method you seek simply does not exist.

I might posit though, that your analogy is not quite accurate. In the electrical trade, you indeed would have access to suppliers. But RIM is not the supplier...they are the manufacturer, and the supply chain involves others. Yes, I know that in many trades you can seek contact direct with the manufacturer as well...but typically that does not actually bypass the channel through which you procured...rather, it's done in partnership with them, except in unusual circumstances where it's that channel that is actually the problem. With that clarification, your analogy might apply here...but all industries are different, and in this one, RIM provides no direct access to them from this perspective. Further, in your analogy, you are not the end user...you are a member of the channel, and the rules indeed are different there.

And all of that is academic and moot anyway...for all of this is governed by contractual arrangements, which simply don't have what you want. You can either continue to demand something that cannot be delivered, or you can choose to try and resolve this through the channels that do exist. It's your choice.

Good luck.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates