Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
42test
My Device: torch 9860

9860 will not power on, BUG fix needed,

This is a software issue, for sure.  I've removed battery, sim, memory, still no power up.   New battery in shop fully charged put in, still no power up.  

Phone call to O2 will replace in the morning.

Looking at the boards, theres a common issue out there.  Software, not hardware.

So I tried following a Blackberry 7 upgrade offered by the Desktop manager, which incidently recognised I had a 9860 - so something is talking! - Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation. is the only result I get as I've followed the Device Software update , Bundle 1645 is being offered but it fails the install .

At the start it downloads 497 modules, then startsErasing applications(!!). But fails on the next stage.

I also read that connecting the 9860 and pressing ctrl + alt + del would active the phone, all it did (even that was surprising) was let me see a Battery sign on the screen.  However interesting that was it soon disappeared.

Are we testing this 9860 in the public domain!??!?!

I charge £400 a day minimum for that kind of work!  Blackberry, do you want more?

New Contributor
42test

Re: 9860 will not power on, BUG fix needed,

Forgot to add, it's 'reconnecting to JVM' which is the stage that fails. 'application loader unable to connect to device'

so much for an update to 7.  

New Contributor
willy_munoz_
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860

Same problem here, any bug fix???

New Contributor
willy_munoz_
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860

Ive found a solution, i had the same problem and this is what i did. first uninstall everything from blackberry from your coumputer and install again DM as well as the OS, i installed the newest which is from Vodafone UK you can find it here: http://bbos.zonablackberry.com/latest/. Now do normal instructions: open cmd and type cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\loader.exe /nojvm                         Remeber to delete both of the vendor files from the OS, one is in the folder from your user then AppData/Roaming/Vendor XML     and the other one is in the same folder from the loader.exe...... when you run the loder. exe from cmd mak sure your bb is not connected. Pull the battery from your blackberry and connect it. When PIN-Unkown is shown quickly connect the battery and click next. Just click once next, and be patient and wait. Later on your blackberry will work....

New Contributor
timok

i did all that, later on comes error... desktop software cannot communicate with the connected device... and loader.exe is trying to
reconnect to JMC...and it cant..... what to do????
New Contributor
nelstoyfarm
My Device: Torch 9860

I have a similar problem I think.  The #1 problem with waking up to a completely dead (battery or phone?)  The phone does have a red light that goes on/off every 10 seconds.  So I tried just plugging it into my computer and although it recognized I have the torch and the pin#, it said the device couldn't communicate due to a dead battery or a reboot issue...I "retry" over and over and "update" to no avail...(no update available since it's the OS7 I assume.)  Then I went through the removal of the battery and power supply, held the power button for a full minute, plugged it back in (no battery), and then after pushing the pwr button about 3x it finally came back "on" you might say...but it's just a picture of a battery with an "x" on it!!!

MY PROBLEM IS......  I have pictures on the phone memory ONLY, not on the media card because it was full.....  HELP, HELP, HELP....these pics are so very important to me since they are "1sts" for my 3kiddos!!!

New Contributor
timok

try first with other (original) battery.... that worked with my phone... if u use replacement battery, it migth work.. but meaby only few days..
that happened to me.. so bougth new original battery ...and now it has been working fine
Contributor
LYNNERD0
My Device: TORCH 9860

VENDOR XML a folder AppData/Roaming/Vendor XML is not exist! only exist at folder AppLoader..
Contributor
LYNNERD0

i receive this while updating the Vodafone " application loader was unable to connect with your device. please re-connect your device, enter the password, if required, click retry." then, i click retry button instead of cancel, over and over again. no solution. *disapointed*
Contributor
LYNNERD0

same here..so what do you do next? help me if your problem solved.