Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
pt108271
My Device: Torch

Aborted Firmware Upgarde

Hi, I have updated the firmware on my torch.  The firmware update worked OK but the update process failed to reinstate my data that was backed up as the first stage of the process.  The only information that I would like back is my contacts.  Is this information still available on the harddrive of the PC the torch was connected to or is the data now lost?

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Phil

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Aborted Firmware Upgarde

Welcome to the forums!

If you performed the update via Desktop Manager, it would have done a backup of everything prior to the upgrade.

Do a search on your PC for files that have an .ipd extension.  Those are BlackBerry backup files from which you can restore your contacts.  If you find them, then you can navigate to that file through the Desktop Manager restore process using these instructions:  http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10339

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor
pt108271
My Device: Torch

Thanks for the very helpful and prompt advice.  I have restored my data.

In order to help others who may have a similar problem i found the file named "LoaderBackup-(2011-08-29).ipd" in my my documents folder, not hard to find.  When I opened the desktop application it had the restore option greyed out as I had never done a backup.  I therefore did a back up to my documents and then was able to restore.  I selected the loader file and all my data was back within a couple of minutes.

Thanks again for your help. 

Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Well there ya go!  Thanks for sharing your experience.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."