If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
dmgscots
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange France

Add e-mail Address

Hi Everyone,

When I try to add a second e-mail address to my Torch 9800, all I get is a panel showing "update failed" OK. Anyone have any idea what the problem is and how I get round it?  Thanks all!  dmgscots

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,872
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Add e-mail Address

Please try this FIRST, using your BlackBerry browser...

1)
• Go to mobile.blackberry.com OR to www.blackberry.com/integrate
• Scroll down to Communication and then to Email.
• Choose the appropriate email set up options.

If that works and completes your email setup/editing, good.

If not, follow these additional instructions:

2) Register HRT: (OS5) Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Scroll to any line entry and > press the Menu key > and then click Register Now. If you have an OS 6 or OS 7 device, Look at Options > Device > Advanced > Host Routing Table, etc.

3) Resend Service Books: Article ID: KB02830 How to send the service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account. http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830

4) Then, with the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescribed for most glitches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

5) Now, return to the 1) mobile.blackberry.com email setup as mentioned above and follow that.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dmgscots

Thanks for all that.  I have registered HRT, resent service books, re-booted and still get the same message.  For further information, the phone is on OS 6 bundle3049.  I already have a msn.com e-mail address installed and am trying to add my Yahoo.com address.  Any other ideas please? dmgscots

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dmgscots

Add e-mail address

Following my last post re: failure to add e-mail address, i have tried all the steps kindly proposed by J.Sanders but am still unable to add an e-mail address.  For further information, the phone is under OS 6 bundle 3049.  I already have an address msn.com installes and am trying to add a Yahoo.com address.  Any new ideas?  Thanks dmgscots

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello dmgscots

Please no need to start another thread , Solution to your issue has already been answered above ! If you have already registered and recend your Service Books , then please from your BlackBerry browser browse to the link  Jsanders provided and add / edit the email address that you want .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dmgscots

Hello Price 2012,

Thank you for your comments but I would point out that none of the solutions offered by J Sanders have worked and I posted to try to find an alternative.  I fyou have any further ideas, i would love to hear them.  Thank dmgscots

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

[ Edited ]

Hi dmgscots

If Ondevice Email setup fails then the above link do helps to add or edit any email address on our device .As you already gone through those Registration and Recend Service Books , did you recieved those Registration message on your message box ?

Also from your BlackBerry Browser when you browse to  www.blackberry.com/integrate  what happen ,do you recieve any error message ? You need to share those  in order to help you .

Thanks.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Re: Add e-mail address

Hello dmgscots

With lack of information from your side  I would like to suggest this Knowledge base as you are having problem with integration of your Yahoo account :

KB13799 : Unable to integrate  a Yahoo! Mail account on BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry PlayBook, or BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,872
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dmgscots wrote:

Hello Price 2012,

Thank you for your comments but I would point out that none of the solutions offered by J Sanders have worked and I posted to try to find an alternative.  I fyou have any further ideas, i would love to hear them.  Thank dmgscots

You've only vaguely stated what you tried and you have not specifically stated you've attempted the browser email setup.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.