Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
pennylane70
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Advice please. :)

HI,

I'll try to make this to the point.

Yesterday, my Blackberry Curve had a accident with some salad dressing.  It has died,  I called my service provider and given that I haven't had it for a year,k its going to cost me a lot of money to replace.  My teenaged daughter was give an old Blackberry Torch about a year ago and I pulled it out ad charged it today.  Seems to be working well except....Put my SIM card in it, and its not accepting my Blackberry ID.  I have confirmed that my ID and password are correct by logging in on laptop.  I gather this is a security feature for stolen phones, but short of asking her to put i her ID is there any way I can fix this?  I don't have her old SIM card, so to do a device wipe with my SIM card in it, I'm afraid I will lose all my data.  

Is there anything wrong with me using this phone -- its not stolen/found I assure you - she gave it to us.  I see there is an option to do a device wipe, but I'm afraid with my SIM card in it that I will lose all my stored data.

Advice?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: Advice please. :)

You will need her to enter the BlackBerry ID that has been used previously on the device, or the phone itself will be wiped. If you are afraid of losing data, freely remove your SIM card and wipe the device, though I assure you that you will not lose any data from your SIM card.
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi pennylane70

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

No there is nothing wrong in using your daughter's BlackBerry .

Few points I would like to add , which you're missing or unaware of .

pennylane70 wrote:

My teenaged daughter was give an old Blackberry Torch about a year ago and I pulled it out ad charged it today.  Seems to be working well except....Put my SIM card in it, and its not accepting my Blackberry ID.  I have confirmed that my ID and password are correct by logging in on laptop.  I gather this is a security feature for stolen phones.

Which Torch model you have ?

No it is not related to stolen phone.But every user have there own BlackBerry Identity . On our BlackBerry devices we can add one BlackBerry ID at a time , if your daughter used that device and has her BlackBerry ID already associated with that device then it will not allow you to add your BlackBerry ID unless you perform a security wipe.

pennylane70 wrote:

I don't have her old SIM card, so to do a device wipe with my SIM card in it, I'm afraid I will lose all my data.  

Is there anything wrong with me using this phone -- its not stolen/found I assure you - she gave it to us.  I see there is an option to do a device wipe, but I'm afraid with my SIM card in it that I will lose all my stored data.

You don't need SIM card of your daughter to perform a security wipe , you can use yours.

No  It will not delete any data from your SIM card but will delete all data that are within that device , So if you have anyhing important within that device , first do a backup using desktop software then you can perform a wipe . It will erase all data within that device. Once it is done you can use your own BlackBerry ID on that device .

Also entering wrong BlackBerry ID will never wipe our BlackBerry .

As it is previously used by someone ( Your daughter ) , so I suggest  follow this Knowledge Base   :

KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pennylane70

Thank you for your reply.

Its not actually my daughters phone, it was given to her by a friend.

|t appears to be a 9800 or a 9810 (i'm not sure how to tell the difference).

I will let you know how it goes.....thank you.  :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi Pennylane70

Sure , please go ahead and let us know if you feel any problem .

To know about your device , Go to Options > Device >  About Device Version , it will let you know about the device as well the current OS version.

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pennylane70

Thank you.  It is a 9810 version 4.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hey pennylane70

You are welcome .. So have you tried those steps as suggested earlier .

Please use plain text.