Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
megamanx
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Alarm Clock messes up the UI responsiveness and headphone jack is messed up.

I have a problem where the alarm going off makes the UI almost impossible. I have to keep tapping on the snooze or the disabling button until it finally takes my input, it is aggravating. Another one is that when I tap on the headphones, from the jack, the music switches to handset, I have to tap it a bit hard and at a certain point again to get it to switch back to headset.

The headset jack problem got worse in an update with 6.0(later type of 6.0 version), so I reverted(maybe the first 6.0 version), but that doesn't fix the problem, still, but it is less aggravating than before.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Alarm Clock messes up the UI responsiveness and headphone jack is messed up.

Hi megamanx,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

To rule out any possible software issue that may be causing this, please try to back up your data using the BlackBerry® Desktop Software and perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U

Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
megamanx
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Alarm Clock messes up the UI responsiveness and headphone jack is messed up.

The latest update fixed the alarm clock thing and the audio jack part is less troublesome as it was before, almost hardly a bother. Either way, the phone will be returned to its original owner.

Thank you for your time, though. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.