Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
MortenPetterson
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

All 'Inboxes' re-directing to Text Message Inbox

Hi folks,

One of my bosses is currently utilising a Torch 9800 (v.6.0.0.246) and has posed a bit of a problem to me.

He has an email account set up on the phone but cannot access any of his emails - the same may be the case for any PIN messages but he does not use this feature.

It appears that anytime he tries to enter the general "Messages" or email specific "Messages" it is taking him to the "Text Message" inbox - . When he receives an email he can read it, but once read it can no longer be accessed. I have tried accessing the inbox in a few different ways but each time it just goes to his Text Messages. We tried saving an email but again the "Saved Messages" folder directs to "Text Messages"

I've had a gander through the forums but haven't been able to find anything useful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Martin

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fausto412

Re: All 'Inboxes' re-directing to Text Message Inbox

he may have the email box hidden...he needs to find the shortcut to it or create one.

now if he is seeing the emails under the messages folder...that will show both emaila nd txt together and that is normal operation.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MortenPetterson

Hi fausto,

Thanks for the response but there are no hidden folders sadly. It seems more to be an issue of a bad link or shortcut rather than anything being missing.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fausto412

well, assuming that you are running the latest software...have you tried a total wipe out?

I don't see anything but the stuff i put in my instant messaging folder...which is my yahoo messenger. blackberry meseenger and my yahoo inbox with my email address...but i can move that to other folders if i want to.

at one point my yahoo inbox shotcut was under "All"

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MortenPetterson

Had been trying to avoid doing a total wipe but ended up just having to do it - which did indeed fix the issue.

Cheers

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fausto412

good!

Please use plain text.