Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

krl
Contributor
krl
My Device: Torch

Re: Always getting the Clock like thinking icon and freezes torch

oh wait...bah...i got finally got through...and on the blackberry page it says. "SITE MAP" BAD REQUEST. TRY AGAIN LATER.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you are downloadng it froma PC correct?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

krl
Contributor
krl

no, directly from my device

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you need to use a PC to download the software from the link I gave and follow the instuction in previous post

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

krl
Contributor
krl

ok...will do.  you know we've been at this for almost 2 hours.  this is truly a dumb a** problem to have don't you think?  

I'm currently downloading an update for a phone that tells me that it is fully updated.  

this better work, cuz all the other solutions didn't.  cuz this is a big waste of time.  I could've had an Android phone shipped to me by now.  

while you are at it...maybe you can help explain my other issues with this phone.  

1) Sometimes when I want to take a picture, I would open up the app and I press the "take a picture" button, and nothing happens.  The icon is blue and when I press it, it turns grey like it is supposed to.  But no picture is taken.  

2)  there are times where my torch just decides to randomly heat up…and it gets Really hot, and the battery drains cuz of it.

3) there are times where I want to charge my phone before I go to sleep…so I do, and then I press the lock button at the top so that the screen will turn off…but the screen comes back on..happens very often.  i don't charge my phone in my bedroom anymore cuz its too bright.

4) When I go on websites or facebook and I want to view a picture, when I hit the picture I get the "fetching photo" page and nothing ever happens. i eventually get "cannot get photo"  Not once have I ever been able to view a picture from any website - Facebook, yahoo google etcs....but my wife's torch, it always works.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

if you follow the instructions you should be able to update the OS. I do it all the time at work.

I wonder what OS is on her device?

krl
Contributor
krl

I don't really dig around in her phone.  but we got our torches at the same time.  They are also Unlocked and I got them directly from RIM.  Not a 3rd parrt, broker or Rogers.

And we both have experienced this type of freezing before,  but the only reason why this time i am upset is because it has been freezing up for about a week now, rendering my phone into a paper weight.  I may as well not even have it on me.  I can't call, bbm, email...NOTHING

i'll have to do the download at home when i have my cable to plug it in to my pc.  but my phone/battery is dead now cause of all the freezing i suppose.  i charged my torch overnight and unplugged it at 8:30 this morning...that's 4 hours of  Battery life and again...I haven't BBM, made a call, sent an email, downloaded an app...Nothing 

New Contributor
Potterazzie
My Device: BlackBerry Classic

My Fiancee is having the same issues and is also on rogers network.

Will the software update work as well if you hook up to the PC and use the Blackberry desktop to upgrade after backing up the phone or does this upgrade work best when d/l directly as per above?

Thx

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Potterazzie wrote:

My Fiancee is having the same issues and is also on rogers network.

Will the software update work as well if you hook up to the PC and use the Blackberry desktop to upgrade after backing up the phone or does this upgrade work best when d/l directly as per above?

Thx

follow the direction on fourth post to upgrade the OS