Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Anyone else had the perpetual reboot cycle problem?

Yea, it's been asked already. No answer.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cjbare6
My Device: Torch 9800

Hi koolmum,

I made that phone call today and they have a "special recovery software program" that only tech's have access to.

Unfortunately they can't assist you over email without being able to plug your phone into their program. :smileysad:

Hopefully you can find someone locally to assist you.  It makes me upset that phone companies don't offer more help to their customers, when we know that there are fixes to these problems.  A co-worker of mine suggested searching kijiji for people in your area who may be able to help you.

Sorry I couldn't help you any further.

CJ
Please use plain text.
Contributor
koolmum

Thanks so much for you attempts. I really appreciate it, and understand the reasoning. By the way. I was wrong about our weather. We got about 2-3 inches of snow...and I am loving it. My hubby is very grateful for his four wheel drive!!

Take care....and ,again, thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slandpei

I know you're waiting for koolmum's response, but I just had to let you know that I tried to get my Torch into Safe Mode per your instructions, but had no luck.  I loaded the latest OS update on my PC and ensured that the Desktop Software was up to date. I then followed knottyrope's advice (message 30) and was FINALLY successful!   You're my saviours! Thank you so much!

While I have a lot of work to do to get my Torch back to where it was, that's still a whole lot easier and much less expensive and time-consuming than having to buy and set up a new phone. I had performed a backup on 18 October, but when I attempted to do a restore, the desktop software became nonresponsive.  There was no response when I tried to refresh the DS and since I encountered problems on the weekend, I was hesitant to force it to close.  But, I closed the application through the Task Manager and received two error messages that the DS had stopped because it had not run correctly. Two of the three backups available have .ipd file extensions with approximately 1,700 KB of data, while the backup performed 18 October has a .bbb file extension with only 848 KB of data, which seems odd.  Neither extension is recognized, so I'm wondering if the backups are useless.  What should the file extensions be? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
koolmum

it looks as if this will work for my phone . It is trying to sync content to my device as I write this. So, here's hoping I get my 'stuff' back. thank you so much.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
koolmum

Is this CJ? If so....check out knottyrope for his / her solution....so far it has worked. So, now, I wonder if Telus will let me cancel my IPhone!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
koolmum

Sorry...I missed this question...Couldn't start in safe mode because my keyboard got messed up due to a 'damp' problem. Thanks though. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,930
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

koolmum wrote:

Sorry...I missed this question...Couldn't start in safe mode because my keyboard got messed up due to a 'damp' problem. Thanks though. 

You need to deal with that... dry it out, remove the battery and LEAVE it in a box of dry white rice for 3-5 days and DO NOT check it each day. Leave it.

Meanwhile... once again:  You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

slandpei wrote:

I know you're waiting for koolmum's response, but I just had to let you know that I tried to get my Torch into Safe Mode per your instructions, but had no luck.  I loaded the latest OS update on my PC and ensured that the Desktop Software was up to date. I then followed knottyrope's advice (message 30) and was FINALLY successful!   You're my saviours! Thank you so much!

While I have a lot of work to do to get my Torch back to where it was, that's still a whole lot easier and much less expensive and time-consuming than having to buy and set up a new phone. I had performed a backup on 18 October, but when I attempted to do a restore, the desktop software became nonresponsive.  There was no response when I tried to refresh the DS and since I encountered problems on the weekend, I was hesitant to force it to close.  But, I closed the application through the Task Manager and received two error messages that the DS had stopped because it had not run correctly. Two of the three backups available have .ipd file extensions with approximately 1,700 KB of data, while the backup performed 18 October has a .bbb file extension with only 848 KB of data, which seems odd.  Neither extension is recognized, so I'm wondering if the backups are useless.  What should the file extensions be? 

IPD is the old file name and BBB is teh new name.

BBB does not work with older versions of desktop seofware and can be downloaded here

Get DM/DS here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.