If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Developer
rjsdavis
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Anyone know where I can get the original Blackberry single ring ringtone from?

It used to be the default ringtone for my old Storm, but for some reason, isn't present on my Torch.

You know what it's like - you want the same ringtone (and defo not some crappy song or anything too cheesy in the business environment), and the BB original single ring ringtone distringuished you as a BB user as a opposed to the typical Nokia or other handset ring.

Where has it gone? Nearest I can find these days is "VITAL" on my Torch... where's the original. Can I download to to my handset from somewhere?

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Anyone know where I can get the original Blackberry single ring ringtone from?

I saved off all the old ringtones for just such an occasion.  You can get them here.  :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
New Developer
rjsdavis

Re: Anyone know where I can get the original Blackberry single ring ringtone from?

This is great - thanks Boomer...

I've just copied the Classic ringtone into what I believed to be the ringtones folder:

BlackBerry\ringtones

but can I find it from within the software? Can I feck! Aaarrggghhh!

Where do I copy the file to so that it comes up along with the rest of the ringtone choices?

Thanks everso....
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

Well, it was a zip file, so I'm assuming you unzipped it?  Did you copy it to the ringtones folder on your device or on the media card?

I just copied them all into the ringtones folder on the media card.

Open your unzipped file on your PC, then connect your device in mass storage mode.  Should get the auto-start dialog.  Click on the option to open folders, then navigate to the media card.  Drag and drop all the ringtones from the PC onto the media card.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Please use plain text.
New Developer
rjsdavis

Yes - thanks. It was unzipped (I'm not quite a complete dunce) :-)

Only copied the single MP3 file that I actually wanted (i.e. the Classic Ringtone) into the said BlackBerry\ringtones folder (as it is displayed on my computer as a drive within Windows Explorer).

I still can't see it though, when trying to select this new single MP3 file when trying to change the selected ringtone from what it is presently - VITAL - to the old classic one I've just copied onto it!

I've got a feeling that it should go somewhere else, but the majority of the folders on the two shown BB folders on my computer appear to be hidden.

Should I email it to myself to and save the attachment just to appease my handset? Any short-cuts most welcome!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

Is there a "My Ringtones" folder?  Don't have my device in front of me, so I can't check.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
rjsdavis

Sadly not. Just the single "ringtones" folder..... which to be honest, I would have expected to find all of the others in there too! (but theyre not - or at least not being displayed)....

Nothing in the other "ringtones" folder on the other drive that pops up in Windows Explorer either....
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Boomer56

[ Edited ]

Well, copy it into both folders and see where that takes you.  :smileyhappy:

Did you try to access that folder from your device while still connected in mass storage mode?  If so, disconnect and see if you can find it then.  You can't get to your media card from your device while in mass storage mode.

Please use plain text.
New Developer
rjsdavis

Thanks - got around to copying it into the second folder also and it now appears as a selectable ringtone - cool. New handset, classic ringtone.

Has already sparked a number of "how did you do that conversations"!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Trini2Dbone
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thank you !

I got my son a used Torch and the previous owner 'wiped' everything including all the ringtones. Was able to unzip your file and transfer to ringtone folder. Works perfect.

Please use plain text.