Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
gillalwyn23
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

App Error 200

After installing an uodate to PocketGrapes Digital Wine Diary last night I was prompted for a Restart which I accepted. The Restart gets no further than the white line across the bottom of the Blackberry screen which hangs for about 5 minutes and then shows App Error 200. If I accept Reset the process is repeated. If I remove the battery and then replace it the same thing happens.

I have tried to Restart in Safe mode but this does not work.

I have tried to Reload the OS from Blackberry Desktop Software but when I connect my phone, the phone restarts and I get the Error message: "Cannot communicate with the connected device" because it is rebooting. The only way I can stop it from rebooting is by taking the battery out but if I then try and connect my phone I get the same error message bacause the software thinks the battery is flat.

Any advice would be welcome.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: App Error 200

Hello gillalwyn23

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Do you have a backup of your device ? You may need it .

Refer to this Knowledge Base and try those suggestion :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Please note , this method will data all user data within that device but you'll may be ab;le to get your device back in order , if you have a previous backup or using BlackBerry Protect you can restore it from there.

Additional Information :

KB30100 :  "JVM 200" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gillalwyn23
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone

prince2012

Thank you for your reply. My device is now working again but as you said all the data has been deleted. I do use BlackBerry Protect but this no longer on my phone. Can you tell me / refer to instructions as to how I restore from BlackBerry Protect and how I can recover my Protect password which I am not sure I can remember?

Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi there,

Please refer to this Knowledge Base on how to restore using BlackBerry Protect :

KB25063  : How to use BlackBerry Protect to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone

BlackBerry Protect backups our data like Contacts , Calendar entries , Memos , Text Messages , browser bookmarks , Password Keeper database and even Wifi network profile . So if you recently did a backup of your device using protect then you'll be able to recover those data .

gillalwyn23 wrote:

and how I can recover my Protect password which I am not sure I can remember?

You have to enter your BlackBerry ID password , if you forgot your BlackBerry ID password then you can reset it by following the KB :

KB26361  :How to change or reset a BlackBerry ID password.

In addition previously if you did a backup using Desktop Software then you can restore your data from those backup files, refer to this KB :

KB10339How to use BlackBerry Desktop Software to restore data to a BlackBerry smartphone from a backup file

Good luck

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.