Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

q8fh
My Device: Torch 9800

App Error 606

Hello, my blackberry is giving me "App Error 606" with a white screen and "Reset" I reset the phone but nothing happened. I couldn't connect the phone with the Blackberry Desktop software ! How can I fix the problem without losing my data. note: I didn't packup my device :smileysad: ! Another question is if updating the OS will fix the problem, would my files remain the same or everything will be deleted after the update is done ?!

littlebird3450
My Device: 2012

Re: App Error 606

Hi. I have the same problem. But i couldn't do anything as my phone keep showing App Error 606 reset. Even I've try to take off the battery and put in back again.
faizan Saeed
http://fashiondesignslatest2012.blogspot.com
New Contributor
erkanhacioglu
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Did you try to open in safe mode ?

q8fh

How can i opent it in safe mode ?

New Contributor
erkanhacioglu

Safe Mode

[ Edited ]

You can try this and did you install any theme, applications or something like that in last time ? 

1. Remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.
  2. Once the loading bar is displayed on the screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, press and hold the Escape key until you hear beeping or the loading bar completes then release the Escapekey.
  3. When the BlackBerry smartphone boots up the Safe Mode disclaimer listed below appears, clickOK to dismiss the disclaimer.

q8fh

Re: Safe Mode

[ Edited ]

No i didn't install anything new.. But everytime i browse instagram via web, my web browser get frozen for few seconds and it close the webpage and it works normally later. but yesterday it froze for longer time and when i wake up today i found the error !

I'm trying now to run it in safe mode but it's not working.. I got a menu with address book, alt music, alt pictures,....etc and a centered black box with blackberry sign for few seconds and it turned to the error white screen again !

New Contributor
erkanhacioglu

If you don't have a backup file and you don't reach your device over desktop manager you'll lose your data (address book, text, email, apps. etc...) Did you ever connect your device over desktop manager ? Maybe Desktop Manager created automatically backup file. 

Can you find  *.ipd or *.bbb files in your computer ?

Generally, backup file stores in your 'My Documents' folder.

q8fh

I used to connect it over desktop manager but i didn't create a packup and I checked there is no packup file on my pc.. What about notes and pictures are they gonna be deleted too ?
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi  q8fh   and littlebird3450

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

As you are unable to start you device on safe mode to do a backup  as adviced above, so you might loss your data in order to recover your device . Please follow the WorkAround suggested within this KnowledgeBase to Recover your device :

KB23954  : "App Error 606" is displayed on the BlackBerry smartphone.

So please try it and let us know.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
erkanhacioglu

Does your pictures store in device or media card ? If it stores in your media card you can save your pictures if not you can't save