Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
RazzyBB
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel
Accepted Solution

App World 4.0.0.65 not working in Toch 9800

Hi Guys,

I have a torch 9800.

Initially my app world app ver was 4.0.0.63 and in Jan it advised me to upgrade to 4.0.0.65. I have noticed that post upgrade, App World icon is not appearing in my application tray. Also, I am being prompted for upgrades of BB Travel and other applications already installed on my phone. When I choose to upgrade, nothing happens.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: App World 4.0.0.65 not working in Toch 9800

Hello RazzyBB

If you are having issue with recent version of BlackBerry World then follow this Knowledge Base , specifically # Resolution 1 , download version 4.0.0.55 .

KB29422  BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

Regarding BlackBerry Travel , which version currently you have, Can you reboot your device by removing the battery and then choose update , see if it allows. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RazzyBB

Hi Prince,

Yes, ver 4.0.0.55 works. I am using it to upgrade someof the other applications. Let me check and confirm.

Thanks for your help.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi RazzyBB

You are most welcome. Nice to hear that it is working .. let us know how it goes.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RazzyBB

Hi Prince,

Thanks for your help.

Just to help everyone, my Torch 9800 was facing below issues -

1. App World 4.0.0.65 - icon was not visible in my application tray and was also not launching via other prompts

2. Other application updates were not working as they would try to get updates via App World.

3. I started facing this issue sometime in Jan 2013 where there I received a prompt to update to a new version of App World. Post updates all issues started.

4. I have also noticed that while updating via App World website, I get two kinds of error - (a) Server is down or (b) the download option is not visible in the browser after I select the application I wish to download. I am facing this issue both from my laptop browser as well as my Torch 9800 browser.

Now to resolve issues 1,2 & 3, I followed what Price had suggested -

1. Uninstalled 4.0.0.65 and rebooted after taking out the battery cell

2. Used link - http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3 to download App World 4.0.0.55.

My Appl World application is working fine now - I have been able to get updates for all other installed applications.

I still need to find out the cause of issue 4 - browser is not supporting download as 'download' option is not visible.

Look forward to helping other BB users and also to get helping hand with issue 4 described above.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi RazzyBB

Thanks for sharing your Solution :smileyhappy:

Regarding your query #4 If you start a new thread with all device details and errors we all can try to help .

Cheers !

Please use plain text.