Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
angelsun5067
My Device: torch 9800
Accepted Solution

App World Question, New to the Torch

I have been trying for 4 days to get into ebooks, and everytime i try i get the following message :  There is an issue with blacberry app world. please try again........ I am hoping someone can help me, i am so frustrated... :-(

torch 9800

usa

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App World Question, New to the Torch

Are you trying to get into AppWorld to download the eReader application?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
angelsun5067

i haven't downloaded a ereader app, i can't seem to find one. i simply go into app world and then click catagories and then touch refrences and ebooks and when i touch ebooks i get the message..

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok, try this first, Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot. A reboot in this manner is prescirbed for most gltiches and operating system errors, and you will lose no data on the device doing this.

If after that, still you can't, I'd try re-isntalling AppWorld. Go to your Options > Device > Application Management and delete AppWorld. Then reinstall it from your BlackBerry browser at www.blackberry.com/appworld

After reinstalled, try the eReader download again.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
angelsun5067

I am not sure if it worked i was able to download something called wattpad for ereader and ebooks. Thank you for your help! I am new to this phone and have lots of questions thanks for answering!! :-)

Sijieeee
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

I tried both methods buy i still cant go into app world. It says 'there is an issuer with bb app world. bb app world must close now'  

helpp!! D: :smileysad:

New Contributor
angelsun5067

I still get that message and I can't get into the ereader option of bb world! It is very aggravating!! You can get ereader apps for free from kindle and from kobo!! I have kindle now on my torch and it works great!!! good luck i have given up on the ereader part of app world.... very disapointed!