Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
TexasBlueBoy
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

App World not working on Torch since updated

The App World does not open. I can try to open it and it shows running (apparently in the background); but, it never comes up so I can do anything with it. I have tried deleting and reinstalling to no avail.

I don't know whether it is related or not; but, I keep getting this error most every time I have to reboot my BlackBerry Torch:

• Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(104) is not responding: process terminated

ANY assistance with this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: App World not working on Torch since updated

Hi TexasBlueBoy,

Try removing BlackBerry  App World from Options>Device>Application Management then try reinstalling it by going to www.blackberry.com/appworld from your BlackBerry Browser.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TexasBlueBoy

I tried removing App World SEVERAL times and install it from the link you gave. It installs okay; but, then just sits in the background without every allowing me to do anything. I can update applications on my Blackberry using the BlackBerry Desktop Software and it requires that I have App World installed on my BlackBerry. I just can't do anything with App World on my BlackBerry.

I would assume that I have SOMETHING not setup correctly somewhere on my BlackBerry; but, I don't know what. I've looked everyplace that I can get to check all kinds of settings to no avail.

Any other suggestions?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shivaprasadm
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Idea

Hi,

I had the same problem, one of the member of this forum, Tanzim suggested the below solution. It worked for me. The issue is that the new version app world does not work with OS6. So you got to replace it with the old version.

Check the below KB article -

• KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

Please use plain text.
Contributor
TexasBlueBoy

I have tried this a couple of times now. I currently have BlackBerry App World App World version 4.0.0.55 on my BlackBerry Torch 9800, so the 4.0.0.65 is not the problem.

Please use plain text.