Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: 8520

Re: App World won't work

believe me i had the same problem

just change the info u entered

new name , user name , e.mail , password...every thing and it will work

u will get a yellow bar on the to

asking to download the App world

then go step by step

but preferably

have ur device up to date before doing so

best

hatim

Contributor
My Device: Torch

You need to make sure you have credit card/paypal card details entered into your account.  You can't add these details via the blackberry so will have to log into Blackberry Application World via pc/laptop and click on the 'payment options' (or something like that) on the top right hand side of the screen.

Once you have entered payment details, application world will let you download programmes.  No card details = no downloads (even free ones)

Hope this helps

Tigs :Balloon:

I love my Blackberry
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 (still have 9700 without service)

I just had the same problem. I connected my Blackberry to my PC and downloaded the App World software through the PC. It asked if I wanted to replace the software with the newer version and I replied that I wanted that. Now it works.

The other suggestions such as rebooting (taking out the battery and replacing it) did not work for me.

However, there is no need to access App World since there are other ways to get the apps.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 (still have 9700 without service)

I see my information is incorrect. I replaced my 9700 with the 9800 Torch yesterday.

Visitor
My Device: torch 9800

i deleted app world and re installed and it works on my BB torch 9800. thanks.

My Device: blackberry curve 85200

my blackberry app world wont work, everytime i go onto it it, it says A Blacknerry identity update is nedded.would you like to install it now ? i clicked yes and it comes up with contacting blackberry ID server and then it says, Blackberry identity installation failed. please try again later.(80003)

and i try again later and it does the same thing, what should i do ?