Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
AlanT
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility-Canada
Accepted Solution

App World

I have a TORCH ( software 6.0 Bundle 3049) with App World 3.0.0.73 installed from Blackberry Desktop Software.  I download updates and App World advises that a new version is available 3.1.2.32, I download the new version and App World no longer launches.  That is, I click on the App World Icon and nothing happens.  I go to BB Desktop Software, remove App World, re-boot the phone, and re-install version 3.0.0.73 and App World functions.  That is, until App World advises me that a new version is available for update and I can choose "Update" or "Close", and the cycle repeats.  I have 18 months left on my contract with Bell Mobility and I was kinda hoping that BB would fix this so I will  not be too miserable before I can upgrade to an iPhone.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,923
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: App World

You know you're here in a user-supported community forum.

Why drop in that last little bit of insult (even though it very well may be your intention) while expecting help from a kind soul here? You have a habit of insulting strangers while asking for assistance? "Hey, my tire is flat, can you help out, and oh your wife is ugly." 

Meh.  

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlanT

Hi,

I am sorry if you took offense. I suppose now that RIM is fast becoming another NORTEL it is a bit cruel.  More like going to the funeral parlor and making jokes about how the deceased's wife has been fooling around on him for years. As opposed to flat tire jokes.

But, for the frustration that I have received from App World and the lack of support from RIM or Bell Mobility, you have to expect the occasional off-color remark.  I thought that  in a forum about problems with BB it might provide some comic relief for all of the others who suffer through extended CELL aggreements with less than perfect phones.

Because it is software related, I am not the only one with this App World problem.  I am most surprised / frustrated that RIM has not found and corrected this problem already. 

Please use plain text.
JSanders

How's that help coming along for you?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlanT

Hi,

Well, if you figure that I just posted this morning (first post).  The help is not doing too badly.  It's just that I hoped the resident expert would be someone other than a Rodney Dangerfield impersonator.  I hoped that the problem has either a "fix" that some one smarter than I would provide. Or, that RIM would hear of my plight and come up with a solution.

I suppose I should just stick to watching the Stock-ticker and hope that my RIM shares do better than the ones that I had in NORTEL.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlanT

I talked to Bell Mobility and they linked me to BlackBerry (RIM). The technical expert assisted me greatly.  I downloaded the software, backed up my device and reloaded the software bundle.  I will not go into details, this is best done with the guidance of an expert.  So, call your provider.

But, App World works perfectly now. So, alls well that ends well.  I am not sure if I will "jump" to another unti now that my BB Torch works well again.

FYI, The assistance was FREE !!

Please use plain text.
JSanders

AlanT wrote:

FYI, The assistance was FREE !!

Yup, always is.

Glad you're settled out on this.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.