Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
francescomacina
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: vodafone italy
Accepted Solution

App world can't be updated and my previous version disappeared.

Hi i have a BB torch 9800.

I tried to update my app world to 4.0.0.63. i got the link to my email i clicked on it , went to the download site, selected the language i clicked on  the download button and.....a message pop up appear and says "! donwload failed.".

details of the error are

907 invalid COD

A network error occurred.

Last, after this process, my previous version of app world has been uninstalled .

Pls suggest a solution.

francesco

Please use plain text.
Developer
Wiki_Berry
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: AIS Thailand

Re: App world can't be updated and my previous version disappeared.

if your previous version has been uninstalled the you can re-install the latest version at appworld.blackberry.com (visit from your phone for OTA), it should work this time. If it doesnt work try conntecting via WI-FI or ask @BlackBerryHelp for support on twitter!
Hope this helps :smileyhappy:
If you have an answer to your question then please click “Accept as Solution”
Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit.
BB 8700 -> Bold 9000 -> Curve 8520 -> Bold 9700 -> Curve 9320 -> Bold 9900 -> BlackBerry Z10 + PlayBook 64 GB Wi-Fi
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Apolo13
My Carrier: wind

Se ho capito bene neanche a lei funziona app world da quando ha scaricato l'ultima versione. Ho provato di tutto, anche seguendo i consigli nel forum. Penso che l'unica sia installare nuovamente la versione precedente (mi sembra che quella precaricata e la 2) Il grosso problema e che nel sito BB non ci sono le versioni precedenti (nemmeno in BBItalia). Nel forum hanno proposto alcuni link ma riportano sempre al sito BB con la versione 4...)

Speriamo qualcuno ci risponda..

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
francescomacina

unfortunately still doesn't work. Any possibility to get the previous version which worked perfectly ? I see many other users are having the same issue and so i assume there must be a bug in the latest release.

thanks

francesco

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi francescomacina

Sorry for the trouble you rae having ! If the most recent version is not working on your device then try this : First of all On your Homescreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Scroll down to App World and delete it from there.

Then perform a Battery Pull Restart like this device POWERED ON remove the Battery wait for a min. then re-insert it back ,wait till your device takes a long reboot.

then from your BlackBerry Browser browse to http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3  to download BlackBerry App World Version 4.0.0.55 .After Install perform another Restart of your device. Hopefully it will work .

Additional Information : KB29422 BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
francescomacina

Hi Prince,

thanks , i tried but it still doesn't work.

I don't know what to do more and honestly this is disappointing me.

thanks

francesco

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi francescomacina

When you tried that prevoius version what happens ? Are you unable to open app world or unable to install that previous version or App World is not Appearing on your Homescreen.Please explain a little so that we can try to help you out . Also have you gone through the Knowledge Base it might help you.

Prince

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
francescomacina

hi Prince, i'm just unable to install it.

1. i followed the suggested link  http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3

2. i land to the appberry app world with a DOWNLOAD NOW button

3. i select the language [english]

4. i click on the download button

5 a message pops up saying "download failed" and there are two buttons [ok, details]. if i click on details i get the following info: 907 invalid COD. A network error occurred.

hope this is enough for you to help me solving the problem.

thanks in advance

francesco

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi francescomacina

Please make sure that the previous version i;e 4.0.0.63 that you  installed earlier on your device is properly Uninstalled from your device then perform a battery pull restart , And then if you can manage try downloading App World through wi-fi . See if that helps.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
LCromwell
My Device: Z10-STL100-4
My Carrier: Verizon

I just clicked on the link and it installed with no problem. Before I could use it it went thfu updating my BB ID and rebooted. Now it works fine and is still on my page where it was before I updated.
I know this is no help to you who are having problems. But it works for some of us.
THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY, LINGERS LONG AFTER THE CHEAPNESS OF PRICE, IS SOON FORGOTTEN.
Please use plain text.