Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: 5806771396

Application loader error?

My computer keeps saying "Application loader was unable to connect with your device. Please reconnect your device, enter the password, if required, and click retry." when i try to update the phone.  The issue before was that the phone kept shutting off and would get stuck on the display loading bar everytime.  I went to the AT&T store in town and they told me I needed to update it.  I tried that and now it won't even turn on.  The red light flashes a few times and then it stops and gives me the above message.  What should I do? 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: Application loader error?

Hi & welcome to the community...

Please pull out battery and connect you device with charger, it will prompt you a no battery sign in approx 10 to 15 mins, Once you will get no battery sign on device then insert battery without un-plugging charger and again wait for 15 to 20 mins.

Hope this bring your device to normal boot up screen, if not then do let's know for further assistance

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810
My Carrier: 5806771396

I did that last night.  It started to connect to the computer but its been "loading system software" for the last 10 hours.  Nothing has changed.  It also says that if I unplug it it will render the phone unusable.  How do I take this in.  I'm so disappointed with this phone.  I had problems with my last torch and this is the replacement...i just got it 2 weeks ago!!!!  

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Hope the USB cable is okayyy & Desktop Software is also updated to the latest one..!!

Please restart the process using quite different way..

Go to C drice of your PC then Programme files > Common files > Research In Motion > App Loader > Loader.exe

Double click on loader.exe, it will prompt a Window, steps are very user friendly, follow instrcution carefully and update the OS.

Good luck