Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Application memory depleting

Hi,

I'm using BB Torch 9860 with OS 7.1

My problem is that after I reboot my phone free appliaction memory shown is around 158mb.

And as the time passes it starts getting low and at present it is around 64mb. If reboot the phone I will get back this consumed memory.

I have not installed any appliaction during this period of time and no third party background application is running.

Please provide me reason for such memory consumption when no background applications are running and solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Application memory depleting

Memory leaks are not unusual on smartphones.  Luckily, doing regular battery pulls helps to keep them under control.  Even if you don't have memory leaks as an issue (however, we all do to some extent), you should still be doing regular battery pulls to keep your phone running as smoothly as possible.  I recommend at least one battery pull per week unless you're experiencing serious leaks in which case 2-3 might be necessary.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Hi. Thanks for your response. In my case I have to perform a battery pull every day as around 100mb memory us gone in memory leaks..
Elite II

I would suggest reloading the OS to your phone using BlackBerry Desktop Software.  You don't have to load a new version of OS, just reload the current version.  Something is definitely up with your phone if you're leaking that much memory.  A new version of OS probably wouldn't hurt but if one is not available or you do not wish to load it, reloading your current OS might help.

Keep us up to date on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I have OS 7.1 bundle 1646. Reloding the OS sounds ok to me. I have installed DM 7.1 and os application on my laptop. Could you please tell me the steps to reload..

Thanks for your help!
Elite II

Plug your phone in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Once your phone has connected to it, click Device at the top of the software then Restore.  A list of previous data backups will appear.  Simply choose the second-most recent one (because the most recent one should be the one you're currently running on your phone) and load it.  If you ever decide you wish to revert back to your current version of OS, simply follow those steps but pick the backup file at the very top of the list.

Please post back with your results.  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I believe reloading the OS helped a bit..in last two hours 12mb is depleted which was earlier much larger.. Thanks for the suggestion.
Elite II

Let's hope it stays that way.

Let us know if anything changes. Smiley Happy