Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Apps disapeared after OS Upgrade

Phone: BB 9800

Carrier: Rogers

All,

I upgraded from Rogers OS rel695 to OS rel1907

At first I tried the OTA and this was the start of my problems.  I experienced an appication fault which nearly brcked my phone.  I had to resort to pulling the battery and try updating at bootloader.  

I did manage to an OS reloaded, but once I did that I noticed some quirks

1. Missing apps, specifically App World, BB Maps, Password Lock, games, et

2. Funny behaviou I could not turn off all the wireless radios

I have tried to wipe the device and do a factory default, reload the previous OS, etc

Nothing has worked to my great frustration.

I simply would like to reset my device so I have all the apps that were once available to me.  Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Apps disapeared after OS Upgrade

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Unfortunately, only you know what apps were previously available to you...you need to go to whatever those procurement sources were and get them again. Hopefully you kept record of any activation keys needed...

For AppWorld, simply go here from your BB Browser:

For BB Maps, launch the Desktop Software, in the Applications section, there will be a list of apps that are available for your BB. Those that are already checked are already on it. Those that are not checked are available to be put onto it. Check them off and apply.

Password Lock -- that icon is only on the homescreen if you have activated the password lock security feature. Likely, you had it before, but in all of your troubles, it's no longer activated.

Games -- any that were part of the original OS will be in the AppLoader above. But, they may or may not be the same as before...the suite of games changes from OS level to OS level.

For any other apps, especially 3rd parties, you must go to the procurement source.

Not sure about your "funny behavior"...you'll need to describe in more detail.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks for the info.

To be clear, when i was refering to applications, I ment the apps which came stock with the OS.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Ahhh...OK... Any that were "stock" with the OS can be re-installed in the same manner as I described for BB Maps (it is "stock" as well). But, keep in mind that there are some that are wrapped in with the OS that change with OS levels...this applies especially to games...the "stock" games that are included change from OS to OS as the agreements RIM has with the game developers expire or are otherwise replaced. Further, if a game is compatible with one OS level but not the next, then they can't include it with that next OS level.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code