Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
aletotski
My Device: BB Curve 9300

Apps don't work with WiFi

I've been having this problem in my Blackberry Curve 9300 since 2 weeks ago.

After I updated my Twitter app, I started having this problem: The applications (Twitter, Facebook, Viber and even the App World) won't run even if I'm connected to WiFi. Actually, it doesn't run with edge, 3G and GSM. My phone has to be on EDGE for them to run with WiFi, which I didn't need to have for them to run before.

I tried the hard reboot. It worked for 3 minutes max, with EDGE but once it returned to edge, it stopped working once again.

Again, I've never used a data plan before and it works, as long as there's WiFi coverage and I am happy with that until this problem happened. Hope somebody can help me solve this. Thanks in advance! :smileyhappy:
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

Re: Apps don't work with WiFi

Do you have a blackberry data plan active. On your account? You need an active blackberry data plan to use the majority of data functions on your phone, even if you are connected to wifi 

New Contributor
aletotski
My Device: BB Curve 9300

Hi! No, I don't have a Blackberry data plan but I didn't have one even before but the apps have been working properly up until that Twitter update...

Thanks!
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10

In order to use them I'm afraid you will need a blackberry data plan.