Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
gehrig1723
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Apps for the Torch 9800

dear blackberry people,

first off...the torch with OS6 has to be, hands down, the best blackberry device ever brought to market.  i have no intentions of taking it back, going to a different phone, or complaining about it (until the torch replacement comes out in another year or so and i get that device...then, this one will suck.)  :-)

that all said...i'm begging you to work with the application community to get OS6 apps that use the torch touchscreen to market.  with OS6 and the torch touchscreen there is no reason why app world shouldn't have as many or more, given the corporate capabilities of the blackberry, than the iphone app store.  also, please work with the developers who have finally built apps for the blackberry (starbucks, linkedin, pdf to go, to name a few) to be able to easily port those apps to OS6. 

we dedicated blackberry users have defended our device choice for years for so many reasons.  now, we have an opportunity, with the torch and OS6, to have the best corporate device on the market AND an equally impressive personal device if we could just get the applications working on OS6 and taking advantage of the touchscreen.  there's no reason netflix shouldn't be on the torch as another example.

in summary...THANK YOU for coming out with an awesome device.  and, PLEASE continue to focus on making this the best device on the market by working with the application vendors to flood app world with 100's of thousands of apps.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Apps for the Torch 9800

The apps are coming, but developers have to add in touch support on their apps and slide rules for when extending the keyboard.

I am excited about the device too and cant wait for some more apps to show up.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rgignac
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Can't wait for updated apps for the torch.

Just upgrade my mobile from iphone 3g to BlackBerry Torch... awesome!

Now that I had tasted a blackberry, I will never eat an apple again ;-)

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Pandora

Whippoh

Google maps

5001 amazing facts

DropBox

kaGlom

Six tools

RDM+

ZonaSnap

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.