Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
wcrowder
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Apps wont load.

WHen I try to download an app it does the normal thing, and takes forever installing it. Once its installed it wont load. I get "Error loading module VerifyError"

any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Re: Apps wont load.

"...this is currently suspected of being a RIM bug related to simply having to many classes that implement persistence on your device. Reinstalling the OS will fix this for some time, the issue seems to be that the registry of Persistable Classes does not seem to correctly clear itself when apps are removed."

I got the above from the following link:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Java-Development/Error-loading-module-VerifyError/td-p/256174...

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wcrowder

Is RIM working to fix this? Or can we assume they are working for Android now, and are trying to get me to switch?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

[ Edited ]

Whether RIM is working on it or not, I wouldn't know -- I don't work for them.  As for making assumptions, you know what they say about that..! The issue/post was dated from roughly 2 weeks ago, so as far as I can tell, it isn't like they've been sitting on their laurels for years and letting the issue fester beneath them.

But hey, if you want to switch to Android, that's your call, no need to let the rest of us know which side of the fence you're on/prefer... although if, as you say, RIM is "working for Android now", then you'll be waiting the same amount of time over there, wouldn't you?  Heck, might be waiting even longer, since Android's still a "new" concept/brand compared to RIM & will have their noobish kinks/glitches to work out. ;-)

BTW, have you even tried the suggestion made on that post that I linked to?  They do post a way to alleviate the issue until a fix is released.

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wcrowder

Updated my OS to latest build. Alleviated the problem, for the time being.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn

[ Edited ]

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
CrypticAzn

Glad you were able to apply that "fix" mentioned and it's working as intended, so you should now be able to mark your original topic/post as "solved". Thanks.

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
Please use plain text.