Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
deratristar
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

Appworld Issues

Since I got my Torch, I have had problems with Appworld:

1. The app itself cannot be download for OS6. It states "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World."

When will this be available?

2. Downloading apps via the web page results in an email that gets sent that redirects me to the page to get the email sent to me again... so, I can't download the app this way, either.

Come on RIM... With this wonderful device... PLEASE get this fixed!

Renee
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Appworld Issues

deratristar wrote:

1. The app itself cannot be download for OS6. It states "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World."

When will this be available?

It is available... as long as you have THE BlackBerry Data Plan subscribed to your service provider.

Do you?

App World would have come preinstalled on the device. Look at the ALL applications screen.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deratristar

Is it now the "AT&T App Center"?

I don't see BB App World ANYWHERE on my device, and I purchased it directly from an AT&T Corporate store (Not an Authorized Dealer).

Renee
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deratristar

And yes, I have a data plan. I am on the only remaining unlimited plan on AT&T... (well, 5GB plan). I'm a "legacy" customer.

This unit had not been used by anyone else. I was their first Torch customer on Thursday last week. :-)

Renee
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
deratristar

[ Edited ]

OK. After a few online sessions with AT&T Blackberry Data Services, I got App World 2.0 finally installed on my Torch. For those of you still plagued by not being able to download it, here is what I discovered:

1. AT&T is aware that there are some Torch 9800 users who cannot download it.

2. Have you noticed your apps list in Blackberry Desktop isn't complete? I happened to.

3. You need to talk with (or chat with) a BDS support person. Call 800-331-0500 (AT&T customers only) and ask for BDS. They can get you to RIM with no charge support after they push some service books, and cancel and reinitialize your registration on the network.

4. Sometimes, item #3 fixes the issue. It didn't with me, initially. But it is working now, with a little extra RIM support.

So, the upshot is, you have to contact AT&T to be able to install App World 2.0 (Original App World will NOT work on the Torch 9800), if it isn't on your Torch 9800 already.

Renee
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,881
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Great, glad you got it settled. Since AppWorld 2.0 is not available to all customers, calling ATT is the perfect solution (and should be for any technical services you need). They will always escalate you to a RIM technician if needed.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.