Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Visitor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: att

Attempting to update my 9800 to the most current OS using bluetooth and MAC:) PLZ HELP

I'm trying to update the OS on my 9800 to the most currentversion out.  My problem is that i lost my USB and I'm doing it on a MAC... People are probably questionong my sanity, anyways. I have the most current BB desktop software running.  I guess my questions is: where can i get thenewest os for the 9800? next, is it possible to send that update via bluetooth from my mac to my torch (they are already paired)??? What can i do besides a hard reboot to improve my phones wi-fi cappabilities??? because i would just do a software update thru the phone but a message usually appears saying the network isn't sufficient (which is also BS) or the update will just time out>>>   Please help because I am honestly a day away from converting my torch into a rock and finding out how many times i can make it skip before sinking in the river!!!!  Thank You

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Attempting to update my 9800 to the most current OS using bluetooth and MAC:) PLZ HELP

Hello 19rnc82 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for your question about updating your software.

In order to do the update, you would need a USB cord and connect it to your Mac.

You could ask your mobile carrier if they do updates locally in a store. 

Hope this answers your question. 

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!