Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

My Device: 9800 Torch

Attempting to update password for an e-mail account

I received an e-mail to update one of my e-mail passwords.  After going into "setup" , then "e-mail" the screen pops back to the main "setup" screen.  When I attempt to exit the screen freezes and then I have to remove battery to reboot.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Attempting to update password for an e-mail account

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

To clarify please...you received an email from your email service provider to update your email password, stored at the email service provider? Or, you received an email from BIS to validate the credentials you have stored into BIS for one of your email accounts? The remedy steps for each are very different, and from your post, I sense it could be either, so clarity is needed.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code