Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
sld1164
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: AT&T

Authentication app world froze

[ Edited ]

AT&T Torch BB6

My Torch is a whopping 2 hours new.  I went to app world and there was a message stating there is a newer version.  I went to install newer version and it's been frozen at the authentication screen and I can leave the app and go elsewhere, but when I try to go back it's still frozen on the screen.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
SLUBillikens
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Authentication app world froze

I just bought my Torch today as well and am having the exact same problem.  Ugh.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Authentication app world froze

This has been a common problem, unfortunatly.  I've been told it can happen when the BlackBerry ID has not been fully set up. 

On the site below, try and recreate your BlackBerry ID again, then try and log in on the site.  Then try again on your device. 

If that doesn't work then you'll need to call your carrier and if they can't work it out, ask them to escalate your case to RIM. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.