If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
techie334
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Auto on/off

I use the auto on/off feature on a daily basis.  In the old software 5.x a calendar alarm would turn the phone on and sound the alarm.  So far I have been unable to get the 9800 with 6.x to do this.  Am I missing a setting or has this feature been lost in the shuffle?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dflexb
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Auto on/off

Options/ device/ auto off and on!!
Let me see your barcode!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
techie334

I have the auto on/off working fine.  But alarms scheduled during the off period no longer turn the phone on and sound.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shaus
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: T-mobile

I have the same problem. The Auto/off feature works fine but calendar alters are not turning the phone on. Any ideas???

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Shaus
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: T-mobile

Did you find a resolution to this? I'm still searching.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
techie334

No answer yet.  I have no idea on how to contact RIM about this either.

Please use plain text.
ec
New Contributor
ec
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: at&t

i have been going round and round with blackberry about this.  i learned that they purposely pulled out the feature from 4.6 to 5.0/6.0, because they said that people complained that the calendar would accidentally wake them up at night.

i asked if it could just be made an option for those of us who would, for example like to be woken up if we, for example, have the auto on to turn the bb on at 7 am, and we forget that we have a 6 am call one day.  i was told that my suggestion was reviewed and the response was "blackberry doesn't implement every suggestion".  i was told to just complain on the forums, which i suppose i'm doing here.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
techie334

Thank you for the information and trying to get RIM to move on this.  Could ou share how you contacted them?  I would be happy to let them know my displeasure also.

:smileywink:

Please use plain text.
ec
New Contributor
ec
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: at&t

i called my carrier (at&t) and kept talking to them until they elevated me to level 3 support at rim.  the rim support people have little insight into what the product managers and r&d team is doing, but at least they can forward the requests.  you might also just be able to call rim's pay-per-incident support and explain the situation.  since you don't really have a support question it may be free.  good luck.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Just to quickly expand on ec's last comment, if it's just a comment/complaint to RIM and it hasn't been escalated from the carrier (translation: the carrier couldn't solve the problem), it won't be free.

Make your suggestions and comments here because RIM employees do occasionally scan these forums and your comment might be seen by them.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.