Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
JeLoveYou
My Device: Blackberry Torch
Accepted Solution

Auto-scrolling to the Bottom

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I just purchased a Blackberry Torch for Rogers today. It is awesome, except for one thing: it auto-scrolls me to the bottom unbelievably frequently. Usually activated by using the trackpad, though it still occurs when only using the touchscreen, I will try to scroll to the top of, say, the Home Menu. But it will automatically bring me to the bottom. I will try to return to the top, but it will bring me back to the bottom again. It refuses to let me scroll up, insisting that I scroll back down over and over and over again. It is not just the menu screen either.

It is websites. It is twitter. I can push the 't' key all I want to take me back to the top, it immediately takes me back to the bottom. It is almost impossible to do anything. I can't even edit a message without it scrolling my cursor to the end of the message. Trying to select "Mobile" instead of "Work" in the Edit Contact menu is almost impossible - it scrolls me to the bottom of that, too.

I tried removing the battery and putting it back in. I tried connecting it to the desktop manager to back it up and then see if there were any updates.

Nothing.

Please, PLEASE tell me how to fix this, because it is getting on my nerves!!

Super Contributor
Spy520
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Auto-scrolling to the Bottom

It seams that you have a part damaged in your touch screen sensor, send it back to your carrier.
New Contributor
tpmclean
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Auto-scrolling to the Bottom

I have the exact same issue with my Rogers Torch trackpad, though my touchscreen works fine.  Rogers should let you exchange for a new Torch within 30 days (it's what they've been telling me, anyway).  I was hoping for a software update but I don't think I can wait.  The trackpad is basically useless :smileysad: