Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Regular Contributor
My Device: AT&T - BB 9800
Accepted Solution

BB 9800 App World Frozen on Login Screen

I just bought BB 9800 to replace BB 9000. So far I like it.

But when I try to login to App World for the first time, it is locked with Authenticating message. I can go and run other apps and do things but App World is frozen.

Has anyone noticed this? Any scoop?

Please help. Thanks much.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BB 9800 App World Frozen on Login Screen

Hello omsoft,

Please go to www.blackberry.com/blackberryid and try creating a new BlackBerry ID (on your PC).

You should receive a confirmation email to the address you use to register confirming the successful creation of the account.

Use the new BlackBerry ID to attempt logging in on the device. 

Cheers,

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
My Device: AT&T - BB 9800

Thanks, it worked.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

Hello, I have done what you have suggested above but unfortunately it hasn't worked for me. I have successfully changed my password using the weblink that you have posted above on my computer but when I tried to access App World on my blackberry again the screen is still frozen with the message "Password Recovery...Please wait" and the OK button is blue but I cannot select it or the CANCEL button. I'm also unable to use the menu button and I have to press the red telephone button to get back to the home screen. Please can you help?

Visitor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800

hey there ive just upgraded to the blackberry torch white one and ive tryed creating a account with app world but it froze on me saying " signing in" so then  i went to the upgrade to the app world new one and i typed my details in and now thats saying authenticating? does anyone know no what is happening as im new to blackberry and i dont know it its normal and takes a while or it has acually froze? on the app world one i can click anything to stop it.

thankyou