Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
sjalextaidri
My Device: 9800

Re: BB 9800 Torch battery life problems - 7hrs max

Just to let  everyone know that this issue has been resolved since I reset Torch to factory default and skip all add-ons features about streaming

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sjalextaidri
My Device: 9800

Just to let everyone know that this issue has been resolved since I reset Torch to factory default and skip all add-ons features about streaming
Please use plain text.
ecraveia
My Device: Torch 9800

Hello . Since I upgraded my Torch 9800 with Last 6.0 2435 bundle It seems to get a LOT of the busy thing in the middle, hangs more often and loses battery life faster though I didn't use it any more than I do before the update.

The phone freezes  more often or it's busy in operations without a real reason. The phone is always hot. Obviously, the settings are not changed and I have not installed new applications. 

If there is no solution,  Is it possible to reinstall the previous  bundled 6.0 1907? Thanks, 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sheikhfaizan

The BlackBerry Torch 9800 is a fantastic phone with the exception of a battery.

I have never seen or used a mobile with worse battey than it.

Right from the beginning the talk time is less than 45 minutes and standby time is hardly 10 hours

To all people who are thinking to buy BlackBerry, I would say you are just throwing your money away for nothing.

Highly Highly Not Recommended unless you are sure about Battery.

It doesn't last what is says....

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Mine easily lasts all day. I can finish the day with about 40%. The iPhone is worse.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sheikhfaizan

If you have blackBerry torch 9800 then you must follow two rules...

1. Always carry main and car chargers with you

2. Always carry some oher phone as well

It is important because if you want to talk to someone for 10-15 minutes, you will need to recharge your blackberry or alternatively you can use your second phone.

Never TRUST your BLACKBERRY BATTERY

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Okayfine. I will never trust my BB Torch tht I have had for over a year with no battery issues.

I could tell you how to find out if an app is running in the background and/or causing errors that are prematurely running your battery down but you have solved your issue by carrying multiple chargers and two phones.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,952
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Or, just keep your head buried in the sand and you'll never need to use the BlackBerry anyway.

How silly.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

My 9800 worked great and my 9810 is awsome.

Battery life can be caused by many things,

bad contact, message, calendar event, rouge app, not closing apps, running unsupported apps, low signal area, GPS running and more.

On device go to Options, Device, Application Management is a great way to see what your apps are doing with your CPU usage on #Torch. Just slide top bar to CPU and see what is going on. Also touch the CPU menu to see other time variables. I found out that an app was eating away CPU cycles on mine

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.