Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: BB 9810 turned into a brick

I managed to save my bb, after downloading all the huge files...all I never saw was to unclick the back-up option. My phone is working great now, thanks for all the help

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9810 (Torch 2)
My Carrier: MTS RUS

Glad it was a happy end story! :smileyhappy: As for backup, I don't get it - you could not enable backup, or could not disable backup? If you start apploader with /nojvm option, you cannot enable the backup because OS doesn't start on the phone. If you use BIS, I suggest you set up BlackBerry Protect or use a Gmail account to sync your contacts and calendar.

Contributor

I managed to reinstall the os, it worked for 4 days and now it is completely messed up, it died while I tried to do a new install and I think the battery may have died in the process. What would it do to my phone if I have disconnected it?

Contributor

BlackBerry is normally hard to kill, so just charge the battery and try to update with apploader again. What are the symptoms now? Does the phone do anything when you insert the battery? When you connect the charger?
Contributor

[ Edited ]

All it does now is saying it has installed the os and then says it rebooted, loads like halfway and remains there(still on the blackberry black screen) Could it be because theres still an appp on there that locked the settings? I do have an app installed on it, called applock. I see you mention BB app loader, is that the same as the desktop manager?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yep, that can happen if you install an app that is damaged or was installed incorrectly. Try reinstalling phone OS as per instructions above. Hopefully, you did use a backup this time (or didn't get any important data in the last four days) :Eek:

Contributor

[ Edited ]

The files I downloaded on Sunday, should I install it on my computer, or do I leave it as is? Blonde moment again

Contributor

Sorry, I don't get this. Just follow the same procedure that you did on Sunday to recover your phone. It should work. If you installed phone OS (i.e., ran the .exe file and followerd the installation prompts, etc.) before updating phone OS and did not uninstall it after updating, then it should still be on your computer. Just launch command prompt and update the phone.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

It has now done everything it is supposed to after I did the cmd bit and I clicked on the tab that says next and the phone has still not started up, it is still only showing the halfway loaded screen?

Contributor

Try reinserting the battery. If I remember correctly, when you get to the screen in Apploader where you have to select a phone, you have to catch a pretty short (2-3 seconds) moment when the phone's PIN is displayed in the little dropdown box, then click "Next" in that window.