Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Contributor
RishSha
My Device: 2012 & Bold 9900

BB 9900 rebooting during calls

I recently purchased a BB 9900(India Billing) , white color . Everything was fine for one and a half month but suddenly a problem has cropped up . Whenever I am on a call or attempting to make a call the phone reboots . This doesnt happens everytime but once in a while . The frequency of rebooting per day is 5-6 times as I make a lot of calls . This has become very annoying and someone please help me to how to get this corrected . I have 7.0 Bundle 1346 on my phone . The rebooting only happens during calls . Other than this , the phone is working fine .

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: BB 9900 rebooting during calls

Do you have any battery optimizer app install? it might be causing the auto reboots...

You might have to try reload a new OS.
If that don't solve it might be a hardware issue.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RishSha
My Device: 2012 & Bold 9900

Re: BB 9900 rebooting during calls

I did some reading on this issue and from somewhere I got that this might be a issue of loose battery . So I pushed a small piece of paper at the end of my battery and since then it is working fine . I dont have any battery optimizer installed on my phone . Is this a third party app or a core app ? What can be the hardware issue if the problem does not go away ?

Please use plain text.