Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
ericschiff
My Device: Torch
Accepted Solution

BB App World Update Install Problem

I have a very old BlackBerry App World build on my Torch.  While I wait for a Z10/Q10, I am trying to update.  For some reason, when I update from 2.1.1.2 to 4.3.0.26 I keep getting an install error.  Any suggestions on how to do this?  I don't see a way to delete BlackBerry App World and reinstall.  Thanks.

- Eric

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BB App World Update Install Problem

Hi ericschiff

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Which model of Torch you have ! If you are having issue with the update you can try re-installing BlackBerry World . For that first Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Locate and delete BlackBerry World from that list.

KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone 

After deleting perform a battery pull restart by removing the battery while your device is Powered On .  After reboot from your BlackBerry browser browse to www.blackberry.com/appworld and download the most recent version. After Installing perform another reboot.

Try it and let us know if you feel any issue.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
ericschiff

Thanks - that worked.  Now I'm having trouble with my BBID as I think I may have previously set this up but forgotten the name.  Is it possible to discuss with someone on a help line?  Thanks!

Elite II
prince2012

Hello ericschiff

Its good to know that your previous issue has been resolved :smileyhappy: 

But  this new problem is much more complicated ! Can you confirm if you forgot the Password or the email that you used to create your BlackBerry ID ?

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
ericschiff

Please ignore. Resolved that issue separately. Thanks.
Elite II
prince2012

Hello ericschiff

That's Great ! Nice to hear that your issue has been resolved :smileyhappy:

Cheers !

aakash_sky4
My Device: curve3G 9300

Sir I have BB CURVE 3G 9300 I am facing 2 problems 1. when I am trying to upgrade my blackberry app world (2.1.2.19) to blackberry world (4.3.0.26) after the downloading is completed it shows " installation error pls try again " . 2nd problem , I face alot of lack in my phone I mean it gets hang again n again it shows the clock in middle of the screen please suggest me the necessary solutions for the above queries
Thank You
Aakash Mehta , India