Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
thecoach17
My Device: Torch

BB Freezing, Calendar automatically launching on it's own constantly

I've just updated Facebook app and a couple others from App World, not when I am texting my phone freezes up and when my  phone is sitting idle my calendar automatically launches...I close it and it opens again.

Is this a software issue or is this just the fact that my phone has bit the dust (now my 3rd BB in 2.5 years)?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: BB Freezing, Calendar automatically launching on it's own constantly

Hello thecoach17

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

After Updating a few applications have you performed a battery pull restart ! If not then do it by removing the battery while your device is Powered On , then wait for atleast a min and reinsert it back . After reboot plesae check it and see if problem resolves. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
thecoach17
My Device: Torch

I've performed a restart after the update...and a battery pull about 10 times a day the last 2 days...it's the only way to get it functioning again for a little while. I don't know if it has to do with the update, or if it's just coincedence.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi thecoach17

Then it might be because of any recent updates that you did , may not be from facebook application but any other 3rd party application you have in your device that you updated recently or install recently . Sometime a bad app can create a lot of issues just as you are having now . All you can try is delete one application at a time to until you're able to figure out the app which is responsible for this issue . It will take time but you will get success. 

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.