Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

Reply
New Member
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎03-21-2013
My Device: BB9810
My Carrier: digicel

BB OFF....how?

the only way to turn a BB "OFF" seems to be by taking the battery out. That is fully idiotic, as i also do not take my engine from the car to switch it off. Which stupid engineer came up with this "solution", and is he the most clever person in BB/RIM? 

Second, with every new upgrade my BB9810 turns slower and slower, and starting up now takes 15minutes. Worse than any version of archaic-Windows even was.

Third, the memory after just starting is something like 120Mb, and going less with every action I do, even up to 0. No way to a memory clean-up other than taking the battery out ("OFF")...which is therefore needed every second day. 

In short....BB makes the worst phones since I started in 1993 to use mobile phones. Just forget about BB (and it's BBM) switch to WhatsApp and let's all use real phones.

Why (as I cannot reach the Board of Directors by email, as they must feel very ashamed) doesn't the entire set of executives commit something good for the country and the world: exit and leave !!! and leave the unrightfully earned profits to the client who suffer from stupid engineering.

Highlighted
Posts: 90,330
Likes: 23,925
Solutions: 6,163
Registered: ‎04-01-2008
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: BB OFF....how?


nlpvsnl wrote:

the only way to turn a BB "OFF" seems to be by taking the battery out. That is fully idiotic, as i also do not take my engine from the car to switch it off. Which stupid engineer came up with this "solution", and is he the most clever person in BB/RIM?


Oh boy.

 

Depending on your theme, the location or name of the Power Off icon might differ from the location or name in this task.

  • If you haven't set your BlackBerry® smartphone to turn on and turn off automatically at specific times, press and hold the End key. (thats the end call key)
  • If you have set your smartphone to turn on and turn off automatically at specific times, on the Home screen or in a folder, click the Power Off icon. If you want your smartphone to stay turned off until you turn it on again, click Full Power Off. If you want your smartphone to turn on again at the specified time or for alarm or calendar reminders, click Turn Off.

    nlpvsnl wrote:

    Second, with every new upgrade my BB9810 turns slower and slower, and starting up now takes 15minutes. Worse than any version of archaic-Windows even was.


    Don't the device off. There's really no reason to do so. But it want to turn it off... I've never seen one take 15 minutes to boot up. Never. Perhaps yours does.

    nlpvsnl wrote:

    Third, the memory after just starting is something like 120Mb, and going less with every action I do, even up to 0. No way to a memory clean-up other than taking the battery out ("OFF")...which is therefore needed every second day.


    You mean from 120 "down to 0" I guess. Not up.

    Correct, the powered on, battery pull is the proper way JAVA OS devices are designed. BlackBerry didn't create or invent "JAVA", but that's THE way "garbage" is deleted and removed from the device.

    nlpvsnl wrote:

     

    In short....BB makes the worst phones since I started in 1993 to use mobile phones. Just forget about BB (and it's BBM) switch to WhatsApp and let's all use real phones.


    Why are using it if you hate it so bad?

    nlpvsnl wrote:

    Why (as I cannot reach the Board of Directors by email, as they must feel very ashamed) doesn't the entire set of executives commit something good for the country and the world: exit and leave !!! and leave the unrightfully earned profits to the client who suffer from stupid engineering.


    What country?


Oh, regarding stupidity and your ranting about stupid engineering: You have your mobile phone number listed as your "My Mobile Provider" or carrier. Putting your phone number out on the internet on these public forums for the world to see, is not wise. To change that, at the top of this page click on My Settings > Personal Profile > Personal Information, and in the entry block for "Carrier" type the name of your mobile provider.

If you came to this forum only rant and call people stupid, you've accomplished that goal.

If you need help with the device, please ask, This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration. We are users just like you (well, maybe not quite as mad), but we'd be happy to help you with your 9810 if you can ask politely and be kind.

 


 

I'll add these links also for you, since it appears you may not have read or used the online manual (for finding things such as the power down key).

Safety and Product Information - BlackBerry Torch 9810 Smartphone   PDF
User Guide - BlackBerry Torch 9810 Smartphone 7.1 HTML PDF
Icon Guide - BlackBerry Smartphones 7.1 HTML
Start Here - BlackBerry Torch 9810 Smartphone 7.1 PDF
Accessible Start Here Guide - BlackBerry Torch 9810 Smartphone 7.1 HTML
How To Demos - BlackBerry Torch 9810 Smartphone   Video

 




1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes


Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code