If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
BBTorch9800
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

BB Torch 9800 Incoming calls: No numbers ,no logs even if they are contacts they show as unknown

Looked this up in some previous post, and followed all the possible solutions

However, absolutely all incoming calls are shown as "Unknown numbers" even if they are in my contacts list. Is it because I don't have caller I.D.? Could it be due to the fact that the phone is locked to rogers and I don't have caller I.D., it won't show up as any number? Nothing is encrypted on my phone, all encryption settings have been turned off. All my previous phones even on prepaid show the number why not this one.

Any solutions or is it just Rogers? 

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Please use plain text.
JoeMuc2011
My Carrier: o2

Re: BB Torch 9800 Incoming calls: No numbers ,no logs even if they are contacts they show as unknown

Hi there,

I think you're not alone... I've had the same issue for some days now. Restarted the phone several times to no avail. All inbound phone numbers were not resolved into contacts even though 99% of them exist in contacts. When I gave the call history a look after terminating a call, names would appear in the list though.

A few moments ago I remembered that I installed Adaffix, an app that retrieves inbound phone numbers from an internet phone book, so theoretically it can help you create new contacts with name, address, etc. from just a phone number (presuming they appear in the public phone book). This worked fine for some days, but I noticed about a week ago that no Adaffix dialogs were shown any more, and probably this is around the same time that the internal contact resolution stopped working. Didn't give it too much attention then, but now it annoyed me once too often.

I have just disabled Adaffix - didn't uninstall, just set the main option to use the service 'off', and contacts are shown again when they are ringing, just the way they should.

Maybe you are using Adaffix, too? Or some other kind of lookup helper app that intercepts inbound numbres? Try disabling it in that case, and let us know whether it fixed the issue.

Regards,

Joe

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
BBTorch9800

Re: BB Torch 9800 Incoming calls: No numbers ,no logs even if they are contacts they show as unknown

No, I didn't install Addafix but i think its because Rogers plans don't offer caller ID, and even the numbers won't bloody show, so I'll have to add 12 bucks for it....hate roger's services but the plan came in cheap though....

Thank you for your advice though.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elopez423
My Carrier: AT&T

Hello, I've had the Torch now for almost 6v months.  I'm experiencing the same problem: For the most part I don't see the caller Id when I get an incoming call.  What's worse is the I can get a Caller Id  for about 6 calls from the same person in one day, then the 7th call from that same person, I see the phone number but not Caller Id.  I'm at wit's end.  Any suggestions anyone?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Just to clarify, Rogers offers different data packages, not all of which include Caller ID.  You can either upgrade to a package that offers it or you  can fork out a few extra bones each month and have it added to any of their packages.

Glad I could help!  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elopez423
My Carrier: AT&T

Thank you for your response, but my Torc h has the caller id option. My BBs have always had it.   I'm beginning to think my  BB is defective because, in addition to the Caller Id problem, it doesn't pair with my car's bluetooth, it freezes and resets itself whenever ti feels like it (normally when I'm about to make an important call to a customr). The volume on the earpice and speaker phone is extremely low.... 

By the way, this is the third torch I've received.  It's very depessing because overall I love the BB Torch - it has some very neat features.  That said, the problems I'm having with it have really disappointed me.  If you have any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

Please use plain text.
SpatialMonkey
My Carrier: MTC

Got this from another thread. It worked for me. Check here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Functions-and/Caller-ID-for-incoming-calls...

"3. You may have "Content Protection" set on your Address Book. Look at Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll down to Content Protection > Include Address Book = NO."

Instead of following that exact path go to: Options -> Security -> Encryption. Then untick "Include Contacts".

Please use plain text.