Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

BB Torch 9800 OS 6 - missing Password Keeper

I recently download the laster OS for my 9800 and found out I lost "Password Keeper" is the an alternative to Password Keeper?  I checked BB App World and did not find an App called Password Keeper.  Can you help, I really like that App and used it a lot.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: BB Torch 9800 OS 6 - missing Password Keeper

Hi jrcheese

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

When you connect your device and run BlackBerry Desktop Software  Click on Application, scroll down are you able to see Pasword Keeper in that list , If you see it then + will appear next to it  Click Apply to install that application .Or please refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB11545  : Unable to restore the Password Keeper database .

Try it and let us know if you feel any issues.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

Thank you very much, it was easy to do and worked perfectly.  It's unfortunate that this information wasn't easier to find on BlackBerry's website.

Elite II

Hi jrcheese

You are most welcome ...  whenever you feel or face any issues you can visit this BlackBerry Support Community Forums :smileyhappy:

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor

I will, but shouldn't this kind of help been available more directly on BB's website.  I had a heck of a time figuring out what to do until a stumbled across the support forum.  Again thank you for your help 

Elite II

Hi jrcheese

This Support Forums where we user try to help each other is also Sponsored by BlackBerry,I think we should give thank to BlackBerry for such a wounderful place where user can share our issues with each other :smileyhappy:  

Also you try Public Knowledge Base anytime for any issues , it contain everything that an user can face with there BlackBerry Smartphones BlackBerry Knoweledge Base .

Cheers !

My Carrier: MTN

Today I have updated my Torch 9800 after that I lost my PasswordKeeper. I did as per your suggetion but PasswordKeeper was not there. How could I get back PasswordKeeper. 

Elite II

zafeerhasan wrote:

Today I have updated my Torch 9800 after that I lost my PasswordKeeper. I did as per your suggetion but PasswordKeeper was not there. How could I get back PasswordKeeper. 

Hi zafeerhasan

Welcome to Support Forums

If Desktop Software is not offering Password Keeper then you may not have the OS installed on your PC , you can follow the Knowledge Base already provided or Simply download the OS pack from your Carrier , Install it on your PC then repeat the same process it will offer you the password keeper application. Locate your Carrier and download the OS from here Carriers but be sure to download the OS for the same device model that you have.

Try it and let us know of your progress.