Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
bgunning
My Device: Torch 9800
Accepted Solution

BB Torch 9800 is hanging on reboot

I installed and app called Dropbox, and it said it was installed, but the screen was frozen so I couldn't choose OK or Run, so after about half an hour I pulled the battery. Now it is hung up during the boot, with the progress bar about under the Y in Blackberry.

New Contributor
bgunning

Re: BB Torch 9800 is hanging on reboot

I have tried to boot into Safe Mode by holding down the escape key; it stll hangs at the same spot.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. You also may need to vary from the specific instructions just a bit in order to find the proper sequence for your BB. I recall that, the first time I tried, it took perhaps 10 or so attempts before I figured out the proper sequence. (Note, trying the exact same sequence over and over again, yet expecting it to result in something different...well, there is an old saying about that!)

Failing that, the other recovery methods are quite drastic indeed:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
bgunning

Hi, thanks for the response, but I had already found KB27956, and crossed my fingers, gritted my teeth and reinstalled/updated the OS. Worked quite well - I had backed up the BB a couple of days before, so got back all my contacts, etc. It also left the media card alone, so that was nice.

One thing that took me a bit of talking to get sorted was getting the BIS to revalidate my vmobile.blackberry.com account, but I eventually got through to tier 2 support at Virgin, who thought the problem was way more complicated than it was until he found a password reset button. Thanks for getting back to me, though.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

You are welcome...I'm glad you got it resolved. Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code