Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

BarbaraPudd
My Carrier: O2

BB Torch 9809 won't switch on, just a red light flashing very slowly, help!

My BB wont switch on, I'm a total Luddite with technology and don't know the first thing to do? I've tried to hold the red power button on but nothing happens. I've tried the SIM card in another BB and it works fine in there. I've had it charging both with and without the SIM in for a good few hours and no joy. I'm sure theres other things I can try before asking for tech support but I don't know what they are?.......
Please use plain text.
Contributor
redupont
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless Inc. - Bell Mobility Inc. - Telus Mobility

Re: BB Torch 9809 won't switch on, just a red light flashing very slowly, help!

I had this issue a while ago, the issue was with the battery.

my solution: rub the contact with rubbing alcohol, both battery and device.

(don't use too much, just a q-tips quickly dip in the bottle and shake the excess, let it dry for a few seconds before putting it back together)

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
aiharkness

Re: BB Torch 9809 won't switch on, just a red light flashing very slowly, help!

[ Edited ]

If you have another means of charging, you should try.  If you have been using a computer and USB, tryna wall charger.  If you've been using a wall charger, you could try computer USB but it will take a long time to charge a dead battery.

If you can borrow a battery, you should try that.  Chances are a dead or bad battery is your problem.  So, unless you have a hardware failure, you may want to buy a new battery if you can't borrow one for a test.

- Ira
Please use plain text.