Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810 Vodacom
My Carrier: Vodacom

BB Torch 9810 Error 102

Hi

I updated one of my apps and it asked to reboot the phone which I did. Now the phone starts to boot and then gives the Error  ( Error 102 Reload Software):Censored: is there any other way to fix the issue than a reload?:Helpsmilie:

Regards,

Wayne

Super Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry 9810, 9860, 9900, 9800, 9780 and 4xBB other models
My Carrier: BESx2/BISx3

Re: BB Torch 9810 Error 102

[ Edited ]

Try in Safe mode, is it boot or still in rebooting cycle?

Safe mode:

When starting the BlackBerry smartphone, safe mode can be used to prevent third-party applications from running automatically. Safe mode is designed to allow troubleshooting or remove any unwanted applications.

To turn on safe mode, complete the following steps:

1. Remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.
  2. When the red light-emitting diode (LED) light goes out, press and hold the Escape key as the BlackBerry smartphone is loading. (The Escape key is located on the right side of the trackball, above the keyboard on the BlackBerry smartphone.Use the Escape key to exit a screen, move back a page in the browser, close a message, or close a menu.
  3. When the dialog box appears, click OK.

Note: Safe mode is indicated by a safe mode indicator in the BlackBerry smartphone status section of the Home screen.

To turn off safe mode, remove and reinsert the BlackBerry smartphone battery.

Also see How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Be sure to click Likes! for those who have helped you.

If your query is resolved then please click on “Accept as Solution”.