Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Torch™

New Contributor
BBTorch9810user
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810

BB Torch 9810 Trackpad not working ???

[ Edited ]

My BlackBerry Torch 9810's trackpad stopped working.

It has been an ongoing problem for about two weeks. Sometimes it works other times it doesnt.

I tried battery pulls and they never seemed to work instanteously although sometimes after the 3rd or 4th battery pull and 20 minutes of the phone being back 'on' it would work.

Now it's been about 3 hours since it last worked.

I've installed the latest update for BB.

I'm removing every program that is on it to try to get it to work.

I don't think it's a hardware problem because sometimes the trackpad works, and others it doesnt. If it was a hardware problem I dont think it would be on and off.

Help please!?

Note: the click function of the trackpad button works just fine. However I cant use it to go N, S, E, & W.

New Contributor
BBTorch9810user
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9810

Re: BB Torch 9810 Trackpad not working ???

So I took out my 32GB memory card, did a battery pull and the trackpad worked again.

It doesn't make any sense since I've had the 32GB card in the phone since day one and the trackpad has always worked with it inserted. Plus there is ONLY media stored on the card (photos, videos, & music).

I put the media card back into my BB Torch 9810 and the trackpad is still working... for now anyway.

New Contributor
avish
My Device: Torch 9860

Hi,

Trackpad has nothing to do with any of the applications installed or microsd card. My first recommendation is, if it still in warranty get it replaced, as it is related to BB manufaturing problem itself. Otherwise try to update it through Desktop Software, if there is any new update available.

New Contributor
ThomasSetiawan
My Device: Torch 9810

I also did the same thing about an hour ago and now trackpad works as it should. I agree taking out MC doesn't actually cure this bug. I hope RIM could clarify what the hell is actually going on? Should we panic & rush to service center or this is just another bug that BB users must try to live with it?
Contributor
widjaja
My Device: 9810

My 9810's trackpad also get well after removing the MicroSD, and get the same problem after inserting the MicroSD again. I also upgraded the OS from 7.0 to 7.1 but it doesn't solve the problem.it's really annoying....
Contributor
widjaja

After trying so many times, I just found out the problem was not on the microSD but because of the softcase position. It is pressing the top button (lock / mute) and causing the trackpad malfunction. After fixing the softcase 's position, now my 9810 works fine
New Contributor
rencarn8
My Device: Torch 9810

Thankyou for your post!

I had something similarhappen to me.  When I was composing a message the track pad wouldn't work nor would holding down the ALT or CAPS when trying to use them.  

After reading your post I realized my mute button was depresses slightly.  I pryed it slightly and it began working again.

Contributor
widjaja

Nice to hear that...
Contributor
Uzumaki
My Device: torch 2

i tried dis last night it worked, ds morning it stopped working again, please help
Contributor
Uzumaki
My Device: torch 2

how did u fix the softcase button, explanation needed, please